Bad News for FF.Com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News for FF.Com

Well the company that has been hosting FF.Com for years has throw me a Merry Xmas curveball. They have trippled the monthly rate from 15 a month to 45 a month. (No notice..already tagged my bank account, the bastards)

I know that doesn't sound like alot, but it is way out of my budget. I will be looking for a new host for 2007. Cafe press aren't helping much at this point either, because it takes 45 days to clear any profits from purchases, and they automatically take their 7 a month from available profits, consequently, I have never received any checks from them so far. I checked them and realized that in my config I requested that they not send a check until it is 100.00 or better.. well, we haven't made that in profit yet.. $.50-2.00 profit on each item takes a lot of sales to add up to $100..

Anyways.. if anyone wants to donate more than 1-2 dollars, paypal it to technostiva@fordfestiva.com

Thanks,

did they have a reason for the jump. Will you take money orders and checks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

They said that it was a mistake back in 2004.. when we changed from a 1gb site to a 3gb site they never changed the billing.. Even though it's their fault that doesn't change the rate.. They were trying to act like I owed them for difference since 2004 of about 600.00.. and I threw a big fit.. Told them it wasn't my mistake it was theirs and that if I had made that mistake with one of my customers, I would have to eat it just like they are going to do now..

Comment

Check your paypal, and merry christmas DJ

Comment

Thanks Logan.. Everyone vote in the Direct Supporter poll.. I want to do something special for Direct Supporters. Checks and MOs are welcome.. I'm going to put a couple of amps up on ebay for my donation.

Comment

We just need an address, Im willing to contribute. This month is slim due to Christmas , but come next month I can maybe send some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
              Check your paypal, and merry christmas DJ
              Yeah!

Comment

Support sent! merry xmas! keep it rolling!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Hey, have you ever looked into incorporating Google AdSense? Just a thought... Would probably have to go back to allowing unregistered browsing to make it effective.

Comment

Support sent, i hope it helps out. Come one everyone lets start helping out.

Comment

Thanx guys.. Every little bit helps, but don't feel pressured into donating. Just was kind of a shock to see it triple overnight.. But I am thinking of it this way.. our WebHost company donated about 600.00 in the last 2 years. So that's a good thing.

Edit: The new amount isn't going to kill us guys. We used to have a donation system on the old board so 45 a month didn't bother us then because the donations almost always paid for it. But we have been spoiled since we opened this board by only paying 15 a month. I started checking other hosts and have found a few cheaper ones, but am real leary about upsetting what we just got fixed.

Comment

Re: Bad News for FF.Com

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                        Well the company that has been hosting FF.Com for years has throw me a Merry Xmas curveball. They have trippled the monthly rate from 15 a month to 45 a month. (No notice..already tagged my bank account, the bastards)

Screw them!! Check out the web host we use: http://www.midphase.com/
                        My son takes care of our web site, but I think the web host we use would work for FF.com and it's $7.95 a month.
                        You gonna race that thing?
                        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

just sent my donation

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Just donated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

juts curious, what kind of bandwith do we average a month on here??? Id be more than glad to throw in some money for donations but im bearley making it for my car but as soon as things look better in my pocket lol will be more than glad to pitch in some cash

Comment

Working...
                              X