The Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Arena

OK, I've had quite a few complaints about the arena in the last few months.

I've had many say that we should just close it permanently..

But I created the arena to allow our members to vent. My thoughts on this have been pretty clear from the beginning. If you want to keep the rest of the site clean, and still have a community of knowledgeable diy wrenchers, you best create a place where those #@@%&$#@ knuckle busters etc can be let out. Thus the Arena. Now I understand that some of you think it's vulgar and the language is inexcusable etc. etc.. But FF.Com members are comprised of all groups and some frankly just don't feel the same way.

So.. To solve the problem, I have taken the Arena private. This way it is an elected forum. You will not see it unless you have joined the Arena Access group. Don't want to see the Arena?? DO NOT join this group.

By joining this group, you release all Owners, Administrators and Moderators of FordFestiva.Com from any liability of any kind, as well as understanding that all viewing, replying and topic creation is at your own risk.

Kinda sucks you had to go through all this. I guess people can read the post but not the desription under the arena forum saying it has obscene stuff. Anyways where do we sighn up for the groups to get in. Keep up the great work on the site.
    "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

At the top below the banner you will see User Groups (under the word COM)..

Click on that and arena access should be 1st in the drop down box click the view information button on the right.

On the next screen click the join this group button.

Comment

Good idea. Can you un-register for the group if you decide you don't want to see it after you have already joined?

Comment

yes, if you are a member of the group, you can unsubscribe in the same way you joined.. Just click the unsubscribe button..

Comment

I guess they felt that if it had new messages in it....they had to read it?
            If they did not want to see all they had to do was resist clicking on it. Oh well....thanks for the update and I will join. lol
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^^^ I see your point about not clicking on the topics, however, as far as language content goes, over the past couple months even the topic names have held quite a bit of profanity in them. I don't have kids, but if I had a kid and they were into reading this site (which I hope someday I will) I wouldn't want them to be viewing even the topic names being posted in the arena.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^^1 of the biggest complaints.

Comment

^^Not exactly what I was talking about. Where it said The Arena...there are no titles...just the link to that forum. Just don't go there ... you know what is in there. But it is ok to be hidden too...then kids will not know to click on it at all.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

yes im sorry everytime i wrote there i was just p/oed

anyway im in and thanks for that and sorry to anyone about my posts

im on my way to a police station to talk to a sarge.

cya later
                    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt
                      ^^Not exactly what I was talking about. Where it said The Arena...there are no titles...just the link to that forum. Just don't go there ... you know what is in there. But it is ok to be hidden too...then kids will not know to click on it at all.
                      Don't forget though that when you click on the "View posts since last visit" button it comes up with forum area and the topic.

Thanks DJ for taking some action on this. As always, I appreciate this forum and all that it provides. Your efforts are not taken for granted.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^^^ right ian, thats what I was referring too when I was talking about the topic names... I always use the "view post since last visit" button, and thats where people that don't ever even click on the arena used to see the topic names whether they wanted to or not. I appreciate everything this forum is and has been and is still becoming today...
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca
                          Don't forget though that when you click on the "View posts since last visit" button it comes up with forum area and the topic.

Thanks DJ for taking some action on this. As always, I appreciate this forum and all that it provides. Your efforts are not taken for granted.
                          Excellent move.

I was one of the fuddy duddies complaining, and it was just that the topic titles were over the line, and they came up when you searched for new posts. That was my ONLY complaint. No, I rarely read the Arena, but my 12 year old son loves Festys, and I am trying to get him to read up on them, and I really didn't want him to see all the topics with the vulgar language and frankly, the attitudes of some of the posts are just not tolerant or mature either.

Once again, sorry Warlocke, and Kuntry Boi, if I was a little harsh, but it's different when you are a parent and are trying to teach your son tolerance, and maturity. I have to police all the sites he visits, and I just didn't want to have to police this one too..

Thanks for the excellent idea of making it private, and not having it's posts show up on the "recent posts" search.

Sorry to be such a pain in the you know what.
                          Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
                          http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
                          My Garage Page:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Originally posted by quaddawg
                            Originally posted by fastivaca

Excellent move.

I was one of the fuddy duddies complaining, and it was just that the topic titles were over the line, and they came up when you searched for new posts. That was my ONLY complaint. No, I rarely read the Arena, but my 12 year old son loves Festys, and I am trying to get him to read up on them, and I really didn't want him to see all the topics with the vulgar language and frankly, the attitudes of some of the posts are just not tolerant or mature either.

Once again, sorry Warlocke, and Kuntry Boi, if I was a little harsh, but it's different when you are a parent and are trying to teach your son tolerance, and maturity. I have to police all the sites he visits, and I just didn't want to have to police this one too..

Thanks for the excellent idea of making it private, and not having it's posts show up on the "recent posts" search.

Sorry to be such a pain in the you know what.
                            no need to apologize to me man i under stand, i never use the function yall are talking about so i didnt know they showed. sorry man.

now kuntry is another thing flame away at him for posting while banned and then refused to follow the rules lol. i think hes gone for good (we can only hope) lol
                            2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                            1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                            1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                            http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Thanks DJ.
                              I alway go to view post since last visit and some of the language in the Arena titles have gotten pretty bad and I would have to watch out when my daughters came in the room.
                              ~Jeff
                              1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                              1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                              2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Working...
                              X