Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob question - speaker covers

Hey boys,

How do I get the plastic speakers cover off to expose(replace) the speakers in the dash?

The screwdriver is your friend!

The covers are just clip there. It's kinda hard to remove just don't use too much strenght and you should be fine.
    Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Perfect! I just wanted to make sure becasue I didn't want to crack them!

I just finished installing an Alpine Deck and Alpine 4" in the front. I'm getting Alpine 5x7's for the back sometime soon. Sounds a lot better than the stock speakers! lol

Comment

yeah.. i was never happy with those 4" fronts, they are empty now, just put some 6.5" in the doors.
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Yea the 4" speakers are inadequate for sound. They are pointing to your legs and are small. A 4" speaker can be heard and be played at high levels but the 6.5" speakers sound a lot better and the mid-bass is a big difference. If possible fabricate fiberglass kickpanels and put components there. I prefer the door because of functionality of having kickpanels. But they are the best spot (acoustically) for speakers in a car.

Comment

yeah i have big feet lol so i need all the space down there i can get
            Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
            1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
            1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
            2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Get yourself some dome tweeters to surface mount on the dash pointed at the windshield... makes all the difference... just put them in circuit (parallel) with your main fronts.. I don't know about you but my ears aren't at ankle/knee height.

Comment

nasty reflections can sound bad the close they are to your ear. The kickpanels are far enough away from your head but are pointed in a great direction. On-axis listening is hard to phase especially in a festiva. If you've made these tweeters work then good for you but I think it sounds to high for my liking

Comment

Working...
                X