New Deck Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deck Install

So i my GF got me this nice new deck from best buy so that i'ld have a CD player in my car. So I'm doing the install and for some reason my mounting kit won't fit and its pissing me off. The mounting plate is holding the large rectangular trim piece from being able to fasten correctly.

Have you guys had to trim the DIM slot when you installed your deck or do i need a different mounting kit?

The kit i have is the Metra Turbokit that the guy at Best buy got me. It just won't friggin fit, there's even a page that shows how to install the mounting trim. But it doesn't say anything about cutting or what. So should i start cutting up the festiva? or should i get a different kit?

new deck install

why didn't you just have them install the deck?yes they charge for parts, but its no more then you would pay to do it yourself, and they have to deal with the install..here in minnesota, if you buy a deck for 99 or more, install is 'free'..this doesn't answer your question, just asking..
    FORMER FESTIVA OWNER..I ENJOYED IT..TY

Comment

Well it wouldn't have been free...

Well unfortunately it wouldn't have been free down here in NY. It would have been close to $100 for the install so i said heck with that.

Anyway my whole problem was that the "Universal" mounting kit that they sold me wasn't so universal. I was having a problem because the mounting bezel was making the main trim not able to attach. I found a way around it by just not using the mounting trim and just using the DIM cage that the deck mounted in and just bending out the tabs so that it hold it that way.

the only thing that I'm ticked off about is that I'm out $18 dollars for that useless kit. So if anybody is gonna put in a new deck make sure its either the Festiva specific mount bezel from Crutchfield.com or just try it without first, cause I don't have a lot of money to burn and I'm sure that everyone would like to save money where they can.

Comment

yeah i need to get one of those kits, i'm just using the cage and the damn thing slides in and out...don't even have the radio/vent trim piece on because of it....i just didn't know they actually made an adapter for it. walmart doesn't carry it lol.
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Yep there's one

I was checking it out on Crutchfield.com they've got a festiva specific plate for $10 which is nice.

By the way my deck is a Pioneer DEH-P3700MP $149 at best buy and WELL worth it.

Plus what is great is that i can get 2- 4" component speakers for under the dash, and 2- 5.25" speakers for the back for only $80 at Walmart. Oh and there Pioneer speakers as well.

Comment

Working...
          X