No announcement yet.

Upgrade alternator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda MPV. Common minivan in Canada. Doesn't the states have them?
    Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

I think it's just the early nineties ones though.

Comment

whats the biggest one that i can fit? i need them for my lights... lol just with the extra lights i have on the car (not the stock headlights) im drawing 730 watts with all of them on........... now thats bright lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Would something off a 929 work? They have power everything, would imagine it's bigger.

Or more um... wattage? Amps?
          Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kofkof_00 View Post
            Would something off a 929 work? They have power everything, would imagine it's bigger.

Or more um... wattage? Amps?
            they measure them in amps. i just worked out how many amps im pulling with all my lights on including the ones im gonna put on when i get some time... its gonna be about 87 amps!!!!!! not including the dome light, brake lights and stuff like that lol...... thats just headlights.... and reverse lights lol.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Holy crap. What exactly are you running??

Comment

4 100 watt rally lights, 80/100 watt headlights, 4 55 watt fog lights, 2 55 watt reverse lights and soon to have 2 55 watt alley lights. i say it is like it is a normal thing lol... to me it is :p

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Pretty sure you can use the 80 amp off an FC RX-7 turbo. Same mounting if my measurements are correct. The early style 929 was only 70 amp, the later style was 90 amp but mounting holes were offset so it wouldnt work.
                  Last edited by RXFORYOUR7; 01-23-2009, 12:22 AM.
                  Ben Tuominen

No Rotor, No Motor

Comment

uh what year would that rx7 be?
                    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kofkof_00 View Post
                      uh what year would that rx7 be?
                      86-91
                      Ben Tuominen

No Rotor, No Motor

Comment

If i'm not mistaken you can take an alternator to a shop and have it re-wound for more output.

BTW i think you went overkill on your lights.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                          If i'm not mistaken you can take an alternator to a shop and have it re-wound for more output.

to much is never enough..... im thinking of getting 2 more of the roof ligfhts... if your gonna do it... do it right lol.

i think im gonna get some shop to do that, whats the biggest one that you can fit on there? anyone know? or do i have to go and do some junkyarding lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

true true true

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post

Wes,

Personally I think the guys in the white suits need to pay sasquatch a visit !!!!

or to quote Hank Hill " that boy ain't right"

LOL

Joe
                            Go Ahead and Laugh .....Mines faster,more fuel efficient, ...AND PAID FOR!!!!!

:sign3:

Comment

i came clean... no more lights

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Did some research while working at the wrecker. The MPV alternators bolt in, absolute direct fit. The ones built by mitsubishi for the MPV are 100 amps, stock. Going to run it with an optima yellowtop in the girlfriends festiva. Hoping that setup will be good for 3000 watts, with a 2 farad cap XD

Comment

Working...
                                X