what wire harness do I need for a stereo install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what wire harness do I need for a stereo install

what wire harness do I need to get for a stereo install in a 90 festiva? I bought the one for ford and it wasnt even close.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

You might look in the area called custom audio. It would be a good place to start. Actually I thing I made a post regarding this very issue...
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I know for a fact it is in the custom audio section but you need to look for a mazda harness

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

sorry guys I was just getting my self in a hurry
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

cant you just wire it up thats what i did?run power the the battery a ground and speaker wire. sure your sterio will be on when the car is off but with a removable face plate it wont drain your battery just dont forgeet to take it off.

Comment

Look it up for a b2000 p/u or a rx7. If you go to bestbuy TRUST NO ONE!!
            Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Originally posted by KingFish View Post
              Look it up for a b2000 p/u or a rx7. If you go to bestbuy TRUST NO ONE!!
              whats that suposted to mean?

Comment

Best buy sells you antenna adapters and goofy stuff even if you have everything in the passenger seat ready to go. the only time I got installs at best buy was when they used to offer installs free. Id buy the last radio or a out of box and get my savings that way. radios ARE frustrating, more than wiring for engines. Cant stand radios. I buy a brand and stick to it so the harness is the same when i upgrade. AIWA seems to stick to the same rear harness. their prices are good as well, as they add lots of features to try and compete with the likes of kenwoods and alpines.
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I bought a schoche harness for mine that was a direct plug in. Got it off of ebay. Look up festiva radio harness....
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Bobbyspider, seeing as how you are local, I was able to get the Harness at WeeBee audio on Harrisburg pike a few months back Just told the guy it was a 91 Festy n he walked in the back n grabbed it, i'd try givin them a call.
                    Festy 91L - 210K "Team Festy"
                    00 VW Passat 1.8T - sold
                    02 Saturn SL1 94K "Wifey Mobile"

Comment

Working...
                    X