89 L with stock AM radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 L with stock AM radio

Car has a stock AM radio with dials that still works, sort of. Haven't popped it out of the dash yet, but will a stock digital AM/FM radio from say a 92 or 93 Festiva plug right in and work?

Thanks
    89 L

good question....the answer is maybe lol. depends because i know there were a couple of different wiring harnesses in the 88 and 89 festivas, some were prewired for everything and some weren't. if your prewired for the power mirrors and rear wiper then i'm betting it would...but then i gotta ask the question why would you put a different stock radio in it? save up the moola and get a cd player for it.
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Well the reasons to stay with the stock radio. I'm a goober who only listens to AM radio on my 10 minute commute to work. But the volume knob is missing, and it makes a lot of popping and scratching noises, and the push button presets don't work. So I figured if I could find a stocker that also had FM, I'd be back in business for next to nothing. Which is about what I paid for the car. Anything I end up buying for this car is going to cost me more than I paid for it, so I am trying to only keep it safe(lol), and reliable.

I yanked the entire interior out, everything, there is no extra wiring anywhere in the back for the rear speakers, so am I SOL?

I'll pull the radio this week, I have an old Ford cassette radio from an 88 Mustang in a box somewhere. Maybe that will shed some light.

Thanks
      89 L

Comment

Working...
      X