Festiva speaker wires????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva speaker wires????

I have a 1991 fistiva and it has no radio..i bought one that goes to the car from the junk yard...now my only problem is that are no wires for the rear??? or is there?..i took the cover off on both sides where the rear lights are...on the passenger side i did find two wires with single male clips...it may be for that speaker but what about the drivers side?..what colors am i looking for...also there is a Roadmaster Hytech metal box,what is it for??? any help would be nice,,thanks....Daddydane1958
    Only the strong surive

Hot at all times - WHT/RED
    Hot in run or ACC - BLU/YEL
    Interior lights - BLU/WHT & RED/BLK
    Left rear speaker - GRN/RED & GRN/WHT
    Left front speaker - BLU/ORG & BLU/RED
    Right rear speaker - GRN/YEL & GRN/RED
    Right front speaker - BLU/BLK & BLU/WHT
    Ground - BLK
    Kevin
    '93 L (BP{T} Sold
    '90 L Plus Sold
    '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

those two male plugs are not what your looking for: i have no idea what they are for, but i have them in my 91L also.
      the plugs you are looking for need to have the whole panel removed, not just the little 'door' that you remove to acces the lights. when you remove that on each side (its just a bunch of screws and the seat belt) you will find a female plug that has the two rear speaker wires runing into it. iirc green on one side and blew on the other.
      you can either just push the wire into one side of the female spade conector and then pich it shut, or try to find a plug that will work for it. I suggest you just shove the ends of the speaker wires in and pinch it shut, worked for me.

if you look right above the black letters on the towel you can see the plug for that side. it runs out a small opening in the top of the panel, right under the speaker mouts.

hope that helps! i just did mine yeasterday, so its fairly fresh in my mind
      Nate
      ----------
      Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

Comment

Working...
      X