check out this mobile pc install..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out this mobile pc install..

This looks sweet.. can't wait to see the finished pics..

Amazing what you can do with lots of time and money :twisted:
    Kevin
    '93 L (BP{T} Sold
    '90 L Plus Sold
    '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

noticed something on the 3rd picture. The steering wheel airbag as been popped, I wonder if this is a salvaged title car, or if it was in a accident? Just a funny observation.
      "If it's too loud, Youre too old!"
      Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on!"

Comment

Maybe, I looked at other pics and I think he has a keyboard going in there..

Comment

Isn't this like parking in a driveway? What sense does it make? :roll: Maybe I'm all go no-show but I think that is far and beyond sensible... -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

^^^^Actually it depends on what you use your car for, what you do, and where you do it at..

I can see why your average gear head would think that. "If it doesn't make it faster I don't need it" Sorry if that seems like a common gear head stereotype, but there isn't any reason why you can't have both show and go... Going fast in style has sold lots of cars over the decades..

The mobile office is more sought after than you'd think. I have set up at least 10 of them in the last 4 years.. not like this with all the hi-fi, but real mobile offices in SUVs, RVs and even in a few cars. Mostly for salesreps and company execs.

Being a mobile IT in the 4th largest city in the US, I've pretty much used a pc in my car for the last 5 years.. pulling up to a business that has no RAS/VPN, wi-fi into their network fix a problem or do maintenance print the invoice to their printer, they send a check.. you never walked thru their door.. add the new VZ broadband, and sitting in Houston traffic jams or waiting for a long assed train doesn't mean I can't work.. It allows people like me the freedom to not be tied to an office.. I can be at the at FF '06 2000 miles away and still be at the "office".. maybe that's not important if you're a 9-5 worker bee, but if your like me running 12-16 hours a day even on the weekends, every little scrap of "outdoor" time you get is precious.

Oh and btw, we haven't looked at the engine bay to know if it has "go" or not.

Comment

But that's just it being that I am a gearhead, How does having 200lbs of audio help get you around a race track or help make you stop better or make you handle better or even dare I say it, go faster?!? If you put even a 100lb system in a Festiva that's at LEAST a loss of a .1 in the qtr if not more due to P to W of the light Festiva... That's exactly my point, you can't have both and have absolute performance. I'm sorry, that's just how it goes. So when you say it sells, yes it sells. Does it make the purists think we should buy it?? No. Look at the Lotus Elise, end of conversation. Does it have the amenities? Nope. Does it sell?? Hell yeah.

BTW, even if it has go, it isn't going anywhere. I'd put big money on that.

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

^^again.. you are looking through gearhead glasses, I didn't expect you to understand..

If everything is about how fast you can go at the track, what are you doing posting in the car audio section???

<sarcasm>After all the stock radio is weight that doesn't make your Festiva faster... Just another of those worthless amenities that slow you down.. <end sarcasm>

I'm all for performance, but if you're worried about 100lbs being detrimental to your daily driver's speed, I think you are comparing apples to oranges..

And no offense, but stick to the performance forums if you have nothing to contribute to this forum. This is not the area for serious race addicted, hp in the blood gearheads..

BTW, most of those types of gearheads think this whole site is not for true gearheads.. after all.. WE DRIVE FESTIVAS...

Comment

In the world of extremes, it is beautiful and I'm not trying to take away from that. He has all the right equipment and sounds like he has tons of experience with car audio/visual... It would be sweet to have it but I'm just saying if it is for personal use it is too much for me. If he is building it in hopes to get sponsored or go take it to sound off's more power to him. In fact he might do well at SPL although that's not what he's going for... JL13W7's are sick... I wish I had the loot to spend on McIntosh Amps and W7 woofers... -Kyle

Comment

Working...
                  X