my speaker set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my speaker set up

heres how we did the rear speaker set up and went from stock dash speakers to in door larger speakers, and new head unit

we used a peice of plywood for the frame

cut out the right pattern to fit in sides

Measuring

made a center bar for stability

cut out holes for the speakers

new speakers in

new head unit

Mounted 2 in the door, now got nice sounding speakers! am very pleased with it too!
    Last edited by Claude; 03-27-2010, 10:42 PM.
    91 red l-

Looks Great!!!

'89 Ford Festiva LX :fred:
    '12 Ford Focus

Comment

thanks man dosnt sound too bad either
      91 red l-

Comment

Got tired of the day-old thread?

Oscar

Comment

That looks GREAT!
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

you should build some small boxes around the rear 6x9's.

good work!

Comment

Looks good man. I did close to the same thing with my festive back when I had it. I wasn't into audio too much back then but I knew I needed an upgrade from the stock deck and 4''s all around. I ended up using 6.5''s and the difference was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                lol totally forgot about that...damn hope the mods dont reem me

anyway this one is better and more informative....now if i could only remember my threads, thats a different story
                91 red l-

Comment

Looks very nice! I like your shelf too; I never got around to doing that to the DeathEgg.
                  The only thing that kinda bothers me is that you can see the speakers, which imo invites theft.
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

lol but why even get nice looking speakers unless people could see them? also I dont think anyone in their right mind is gonna break into a festiva.....no offense intended to anyone here i think we all can agree on this
                    91 red l-

Comment

plus my tints hid anything in the car pretty well, but im redoing them to 5% so nothing will really be visible in the car...
                      91 red l-

Comment

well if they're there....idk i guess i kinda agree with deathegg. its more than likely because of where i live, but all in all it looks good bro

ay make sure you find out whats legal as far as tint goes, cause i only had like 35% on one of my neons and i got hassled alot
                        Last edited by 92festie; 03-28-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

yea, that picture was before i tinted my windows, in fact i did this whole set up over a couple months ago so my car has come a long way lol but yeah i know what you mean i just feel like if someone really wants to break into my car then they must be that bad off so let them take the speakers, there insured anyway. i mean what other way would you do a 6x9 set up? i pondered in the side trim but i dont think that plastic would hold as well as hard wood and itwould probably rattle like hell, not to mention people back there damaging the speakers cus there tarded
                          91 red l-

Comment

I just realized this is in the wrong section, Could a mod move this to the custom audio, sorry for posting here...
                            91 red l-

Comment

there is another thread somewhere where some dude did his 6x9s in the hatch. the long rectangle panel comes off and he cut one out of plywood and mounted them into that. looks pretty good. see if i can find the thread.....

Comment

Working...
                              X