Sony=tacky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pioneer and sony

well I dont know about their cd players, but the sony subs hit hard in a enclosed case, and they don't sound like shit (ALPINE, PIONEER, etc) Just from personal experience, I like me some sony woofers, but I doubt anything else i would get.

Logan

Comment

SUBS

One day my brother and his friend were testing out a JL Audio 10" sub that they had just put in a box. They hooked it up in my basement with a car battery and required electronics. It shook the whole house! JL subs tend to fit in very small boxes and still deliver.

Years later, I attended this talk about subwoofers that use high-density magnets. These subs can fit into small boxes because of their magnet characteristics and JL Audio is one company that uses this technology. Apparently the technique is well known and has been for a long time, but most companies won't touch it because someone has a patent on it.
      BP powered 91 Festiva L
      -FMS springs, GR2 struts, Toyo T1R 195/45/14 on Swift GT alloys
      -Trunk mounted gel battery
      -Suzuki Swift GT seats, Grant GT steering wheel, auto-locks
      -Blaupunkt Melbourne deck with Bluetooth, sealed single 12" sub

Comment

I would trade my 4 12" Fosgates and 2 12" DVC Volfenhags for 4 10" W3's or W4s..

Comment

when it's time to upgrade my subs I'm going with JL. fb71 sounds like ford got some of those Sony 3rds lol. personally i have never had trouble with their head units, have always performed flawlessly for me, but i agree that their speakers are better used as paper weights. I also had good luck with JVC head units, but to me their design just looks cheesy. i really don't like pioneer and alpine has driven me off with their crappy products. after replacing my head unit 2 times in 6 months (burned out 3 months after install) i just demanded my money back. I think my next head unit will have to be a blaupunkt though...they just have the best FM tuner hands down. May not be flashy but when you live 100 miles from your favorite station....
          Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
          1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
          1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
          2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I liked sony for some time, but when the whole x-plod line came out, it just got stupid. Orignally, it was going to be a "budget" line for sony, to complete with the lower end lines, like "sanyo, dura-brand, profile, pyle, ect." But then someone decided that they could make more of a profit selling cut rate stuff with the sony name.
            The shop that I was working at dropped all of our sony line, Including the ES line due to this. When you spend most of the time replacing components, the bottom dollar drops out. I have personally replaced more than my fair share of sony x-plod stuff. Wont purchase them, wont install them, wont even use them as a paper weight.
            My .02 worth.
            "If it's too loud, Youre too old!"
            Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on!"

Comment

Working...
            X