suggestions on stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions on stereo

so i have 4 custom speakers that i have put, will have pictures by june, but yea 2 in the back and 2 in the front , connected them with the cables the stock back ones came from and the front ones connected them with the cables from the front ones, i left the stock ones in the front , my question is will all this wiring drain my battery? and what is your suggestion for when i put an amp in the back, should i get another battery for the back that will only be connected to the amp? so it wont drain my battery..?

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
    so i have 4 custom speakers that i have put, will have pictures by june...
    What do you mean by custom speakers? Did you have them made a certain way for your car?

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
    ...connected them with the cables the stock back ones came from and the front ones connected them with the cables from the front ones, i left the stock ones in the front ...
    Translation please!

I think you need to do a bit more research about how to wire an aftermarket headunit/amp. A google search will provide you with tons of info.
    Oscar

Comment

Are you saying that you wired the speakers in with the stock speaker wiring? If so no it will not drain your battery. Even if you ran different wire off of your aftermarket deck the speaker wiring will not drain your battery unless you connected it up blindly to a 12v source some how.

You do not need a second battery to power your amp. The amp will not be doing anything unless the remote wire is signaled to turn the amp on by your stereo. Unless you hook it up to a constant 12v source as well. Good luck to you and your system.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

if you want to you could get a ferad capacitor for your amp its kinda like an extra battery but its not needed
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

should not drain your battery, connect more speakers to your stereo does not unload your battery.

Now, if you connect an amplifier because your speakers require more power to sound, is something else, because you connect an "extra" to your battery, 12v consumes.

even so, I connect an amp for my speakers, and my battery is fine, of course there are things I do not like listening to music with the car off because that may cause the battery very quickly,

oh and my battery is 700amp ...
          if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

I use amps to run my highs and a old crossover from jvc works nice with any setup
            FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

For a head unit, i'm partial to Alpine myself. I've had one in my Cherokee for 7 years and i've always loved how it sounds.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Working...
              X