My new setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new setup!

Well I figured I'd put up my Festiva's audio setup.
    When I bought the car it had two blown computer speakers rigged sitting in the backseat (good enough for the 3 hour trip home :p)
    First thing I did was pull those out and I had two brand new walmart brand 4" speakers I got for $1 and had those for a while until I had some extra cash.

I now have 2- 5 1/4 sony 3 way 200 watt speakers (I think haha) I'm not a huge fan of the xplode stuff but these speakers work very well and look good in the car. Anyway I had those in the back up until today when I moved them up into the doors. Then I just put the 4" in the back just because.

I also have an MTX Sub and a TIS 750 amp, both were practically given to me so no complaints they are cheap but actually sound good for what they are. The amp really only pushes out maybe 300 watts which is plenty for me enough to get the festy shakin'

Here are the pictures from today, I'll take some of the sub setup later.

The speakers in the door actually left enough room to use the window crank which I'm very happy about. To make the speakers fit flush I went to Hobby lobby and bought these for 0.80 cents a piece

I just cut a whole in the middle and hollowed it out.
    I really like the look and the sound is so much better now.
    I also put some bass blockers on all the speakers to keep it sounding cleaner and let the sub handle the bass.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Sweet they look good. I grabbed some house speaker boxes that were on the side of the road for free, got 2 10" speakers out of them but I dont know if I can use them with an amp...
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

jeje nice. you seen my car got the idea from me? they must sound nice i have in the side doors 250 sony watt speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
        jeje nice. you seen my car got the idea from me? they must sound nice i have in the side doors 250 sony watt speakers.
        Actually no haha I've never seen your festy.. But I just took a peek and it looks good! I saw a few pictures of Perucho's and Claudes setup and bought extra panels/plastics from Jasonpaulbauer and put them in.
        I really like Claudes setup with the rear hatch cover speakers, I'd like to do that someday.

Anyway I'm glad I put the 5.25's in rather than the 6.5's since that gave me enough clearance for my window crank to be able to work properly.

EDIT: Here is a link to Claudes setup with the hatch cover speakers

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Here's my 12" sub in the back. It's enough bass for me, only pushing maybe 300-400 watts or so. It's also much more compact and doesn't take up much space.

I took an old dog collar we had laying around and screwed it to the sub box and then connected it to the rear seat bracket to keep it from tipping over and sliding around. works great!

Edit: The wiring is sloppy in this pic, but all the speaker wires are hidden now.
          Last edited by Charlie1717; 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

awesome. i have 2 12's which i control the base dont put it that high because i tried it with the highest bass and is exagurating loud..

Comment

^ translation please
              Oscar

Comment

thanks for the recognition! im sure you wont regret it if you decide to do the shelf, im very pleased with it and honestly havent really felt tht i need a sub with the speakers im running, although im sure it wouldnt hurt.
                91 red l-

Comment

Working...
                X