Getting a new audio system???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a new audio system???

Hey, I figure you guys are the ones to ask. I bought my Festy with no headunit and I doubt the speakers in the rear are worth crap(also are those the only two?).

Wondering at how much I'm looking at for a new headunit and speaker set? I don't wanna bump or be the coolest kid on the block. Bass and the such isn't to important(I listen to alota punk so I just want clear speakers)

I really don't wanna spend over $150-200

suggestions?
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Just go to your local Wal-mart or Best Buy, sometimes they both have sales on their stereos, I got mine for $56 at Best Buy and it does everything I want it to do. But my friend he bought a little more high priced one (looks a lot better to) for $100 at Walmart. Mine is a JVC, and my friends is a DUAL. Both sound just fine and work fine.

And there are 4 speakers total in a stock festy, 2 in back, and 2 in the dash, little 4"ers.
    Last edited by 91blufestiva; 08-22-2010, 04:16 PM.
    -Josh R

Comment

In the dash? Hmmm, they must be hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by ENEMY_ View Post
        In the dash? Hmmm, they must be hidden.
        They are just below the outer dash vents.
        '90 LX

Comment

Check this one out if you're not trying to have a CD player...

$179. http://www.jensenheavyduty.com/jense...wb-stereo.html

Has weather radio and USB/aux in!
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I bought my headunit- JVC from walmart for like $80, then got some 5 1/4 sony explodes for like $40 and got some cheap 4's in the front. I really like the Head unit works perfectly fits well and snug and has an Front AUX input for my ipod. Then I've got a sub in the back with a $40 TIS Ebay amp for bass. I spent a total of under $200 but I had a friend give me a sub box and got a cheap sub.

But you can get a good sounding system for pretty cheap.

(I also used Bass blockers on all the speakers to keep them from blowing or getting distorted and just letting the sub handle the bass)

head unit:
            Last edited by Charlie1717; 08-22-2010, 05:26 PM.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Check crutchfields clearance/outlet store. U can get awesome deals inc wiring adapters most everything else you need for the install from them.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Craigslist. Better to get good used stuff than brand new junk.
                Oscar

Comment

So the front speakers are 4 inch and back are 5 1/2?

Comment

Factory speakers are 4". Front ( in dash on each side about knee level next to door) rear behind seat.
                    I have 6.5 inch kickers in the front doors of mine.
                    Photos are on here in a thread.
                    Last edited by Team Lightning; 08-22-2010, 07:36 PM.
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

PLEASE for the lovew of god do NOT get a dual, jvc or jensen deck lol. guys come on lol. eclipse has the best sq. 5-8v preouts for cleaner signal and have some of the sweetest feature, and i think they are hella sexy too, same with old ass alpines. check craigslist. cant go wrong, i got my 400 dollar eclipse deck BNIB for 25!
                      Teal 93 GL
                      stock as piss
                      loud system though

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySnooper View Post
                        PLEASE for the lovew of god do NOT get a dual, jvc or jensen deck lol. guys come on lol. eclipse has the best sq. 5-8v preouts for cleaner signal and have some of the sweetest feature, and i think they are hella sexy too, same with old ass alpines. check craigslist. cant go wrong, i got my 400 dollar eclipse deck BNIB for 25!
                        Did you get the license plate of the van?
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Thank you!
                          Oscar

Comment

What wiring thing should I get? A link would be most helpful or tell me exactly what to ask for?

Comment

PLEASE for the lovew of god do NOT get a dual, jvc or jensen deck lol. guys come on lol.
                              I agree that jensen and dual are pretty much crap, but why JVC?

I've had all three and some pioneer, sony and eclipse, but JVC's not much different if you just want a basic set up like mine.

I'm running two 5x7s and two 6x9s off of my JVC and it's great.
                              -Zack
                              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
                              X