Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would these even be worth bothering with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would these even be worth bothering with?

I just want my girlfriend's stock, cracked cone, terrible speakers to sound a bit better, haha

-Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

I put some in my Miata a couple of weeks ago to replace the two completely blown out stock speakers just so I could hear *something* coming out of the radio. The passenger side one still works! The drivers side is already cracking and popping so bad I had to turn the balance all the way to just the right side just to shut it up, lol. I should have gone to the junkyard and pulled some same-size stock speakers out of a newer car and crossed my fingers. BIG waste of twenty bucks and the time to install them (had to redrill them because the mounting holes didn't line up).
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

well thanks for the honest review!
      -Zack

Comment

Those will work, IF you keep in mind that those ARE NOT 410 watt speakers!
        The actual wattage will be given in"RMS" and those speakers will actually be around 50-60 watts RMS. If you use a 25 watt RMS stereo (typical ones on the shelf there next to those speakers) It will be OK. You will have a stereo that sounds good. It just wont be a neighborhood waker:p
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

yeah, but then you can't hear the music with the top down... though I guess that wouldn't be as much of an issue in the Festiva as it is in the Miata lol
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Hahaha, sweet. Well it's for the lady's car, a Mazda 323.

She's got a bare minimum Sony I picked up from the PnP yard for $12 (came with a harness!) but the stock speakers were all shot and just made the most faint cardboard scratching noises. Those were replaced with a few (really, really cheap) 5 1/4"s up front and I jerry rigged two OEM Ford 6x9s in the back. No bass at all and the 5 1/4"s sound like crap when at half volume.

I bought the car for her, fixed it up and asked her if she wanted it. I was just going to flip it for profit if she didn't, but I'm being nice and taking payments whenever she can make them. I look at little things to add to the car as a tiny bit of 'incentive' to make the next payment, so this is one of them. The last one was some (much needed) driving lights
            -Zack

Comment

Working...
            X