Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loads of pics of my Pride's wall.

as if you don't know what a Pride looks like :lol:

then i strip it all out. there's not much to these cars, so this was a very simple and an easy job to do

then i cut some steel box section and put that in. this was so i had a good starting point to attach the sides to.

then i bolted in the first base. i used the same mounting points as the rear seat bench used, so there was no need to drill through the floor

KIA Pride 1996 1.3i LX 5dr 5speed.

says the image for the link is no longer there???
    :?:
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

then the first base goes in. as you can see there is a step off the bench, but i may be able to get rid of this at a later stage.

the base gets another layer glued on top.

then the step gets a few more layers added to it.

Comment

now it's time for the baffle!!!

after loads of measuring and cutting templates, i managed to get the right position for it to start cutting it out.

i had to wedge the first top panel in to start with. because the baffle follows the line of the B pillar and i had to remove this to get the baffle in and out.

Comment

i got my hands on more box section. and this lot fitted in the car, and thats with the boot shut as well!!

now i had planned the baffle like this. as you can see i'm going for 3 15" subs in a vertical line. i'll have to over lap the subs to fit 'em in (the red bits). and the step might be reduced by putting in a slope (the blue bit is carved out to make room for the basket.

so this is the baffle cut and glued together, i think 5 layers should be enough. it might not look much bit this is still quite heavy. makes it look as if it's been snowing on my drive with the amount of dust.

Comment

nice work....how are you going to be able to over lap the speekers?
            thanks,
            jay
            90 L FI..second B3
            90 L Parts car
            Jay

Comment

now things are really cooking.

but the shed is in a bit of a state.

the baffle was secured in place. the bottom of the baffle meets the top of the step exactly how i wanted it to.

then it was time to cut the passenger side out and bolt and glue it in.

Comment

one layer is never enough. so some more was cut out and added.

and then some more!!!...... i've made a panel to seal off the edge of the wall to the edge of the car. i'll take off the angle iron, as that was used as a brace whilst the sealent dried. this will obviously need more added to it to make it nice and thick.

a quick shot of the power cable that runs through the car. because of the class i'll run in (dB Drag), i can have one big battery under the bonnet (hood?!) and one in the boot (trunk?!), so this is to try and keep the voltage from dropping too much. i could have run more through but i think this will do for me

as yet i've not run the cable through the bulkhead and in to the engine bay, as i've not ordered any ring terminals. so i'm driving around in a single seater at the moment :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by studdyhalllooser
                  nice work....how are you going to be able to over lap the speekers?
                  thanks,
                  jay
                  thanks jay.

well, the middle sub is sunk a little lower in the baffle than the outer two. so the top and bottom screw holes line up, if that makes any sense?!

Comment

the baffle just has enough room for the top sub, after another layer was put in.

Comment

time for the drivers side.

i had to go about this side in a slightly different way. because i need to have the baffle as far forward as possible and i'm just under 6 foot, me or the box had to give way. so my plan was to cut out a small part of the side, so i could have the seat in a position so i could still drive the car. and then make a port edge that i could put on, once i get at the shows.

3 layers thick here and i might put more on, but i'll need to see about that once i start the testing.

Comment

now it's beginning to look like a box.

you can get an idea to how thick the baffle is here. i will be trying out different port sizes when testing starts, which is why it's a square edge.

i've built up the port edge here to the same level as the baffle. this will have to be seriously rounded off at some point to aid the air flow.

Comment

the first rear part of the wall gets pushed into place, with the second one glued and ready to be lifted and screwed on.

i used angle iron around the edge here. i will be cutting more strips of iron to strengthen the back section, this will also be used to mount the amps on (more pics later of that :wink: )

Comment

nice work again. this thread is keeping me interested in your project...i had thought of making a SPL festiva but knew i cant afford it any time soon. any new pics or updates? btw...what kind of subs are you going to be using? thought you mentioned it before but i cant find it or remember.
                            thanks again,
                            Jay
                            90 L FI..second B3
                            90 L Parts car
                            Jay

Comment

thanks studdyhalllooser. this is the second wall i've built and the cost does add up. as for subs i'll let you know a bit later :wink:

well, as i'm getting married in a couple of weeks, i've not had the time or money to do much more to the beast.

i have cut more steel strips for the back panel. these are a funny shape and will make the rear a lot stiffer and makes a good place to screw the amps to. it's also three layers thick now. and boy is it heavy.

as i'll be competing with this in a few months and due to the fact i have not received the sound deadening yet, the front is now almost back to standard. it's nice to have it back looking like a normal car, for a bit anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X