trying to fit 4 x 12"s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to fit 4 x 12"s

hey guys just bought my 4th old school kenwood sub.i am going to fit it in the back of my da 121.it is mainly just for a laugh.i need to have 2 enclosures as i take home my toolbox from work every weekend,that way 1 can always stay in the car.i have to build 2 x 4cuft enclosures.just wondering if anyone has pics or has done the job themselves to get an idea of the setup.the subs are kfc-3009 kenwood 12".the amps are 2 x kac8104d.not a loud setup but hoping just to shake the rear wiper as a party trick.any input would be greatly appreciated.thanks jas (qld australia).

I don't have any pics but I used to have 2 top firing boxes with 2 12w0 jls in each in my 91probe. My boxes were only 2cu ft each.

One of my friends had a similar setup it with Phoenix gold instead in his 93 probe.

8 cu ft worth of box is gonna be a really tight squeeze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2-15" solobarics in a 6 cu.ft. Box, when I had them in my festiva I could still get four people in it 8)

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nice set up, I once had dual 12's in my car but they gave me headaches so I took them out haha.

BTW, those subs of yours would be louder if you put them in box's
        -Josh R

Comment

four 14" alpine type e's in my (hate to say it) dodge neon. that was a tight fit but sounded nice

Comment

hey damkid do you have any pics of the setup?

Comment

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

oh man that is super cool.how much higher is it above the rear window line?

Comment

it's been like 3-4 years since they've been in a festiva so i'm going by memory, but i think it was about even with the top of the 3rd brake light

The subs are in my jeep now where they fit a lot nicer :lol: here's the thread

Comment

did you get much panel flex with those subs?and also what did you o for the front speakers?

Comment

Oh ya, you know the sound sheet metal makes when you flex it back and forth? I had that from my roof lol and for front speakers, I think had just some no name speakers

Comment

did you upgrade the alternator and battery?and the big 3?has anyone else got any pics of multiple subs in the back of the hatch?cheers jas.

Comment

:lol: no i actually was still running the stock alternator, i did no upgrades to the electrical system at all, although i did have a capacitor which helps the lights from dimming too badly at night lol

Comment

Working...
                          X