Festiva dash kit: where to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva dash kit: where to find?

Hey guys! Made a trip down to my local walmart and found nothing for a ford festiva in the dash kit department.

I wasn't really expecting to find anything to be honest, but I'm wondering is if another manufactures dash kit will fit the festiva. I've heard rumors of the mercury dash kit working with the festiva, just because it's a single DIN kit, and most others are doubles
    http://www.walmart.ca/Automotive/Car...-JEEP-VEHICLES
    That's what I was thinking of trying. Waste of time? Your call!! thanks.

I actually installed my stereo with out a kit. the stock radio is the exact size of most aftermarket ones. You just insert the cage and bend the little metal tabs so it stays in place and slide the radio in, then snap the trim piece in place. That's what I've always done in festivas. Hope this helps.
    1921 Model T
    1940 Ford
    1960 F600 Fire Truck
    1963 Ford Falcon drag car
    1964 Ford Falcon Futura
    1964 1/2 Ford Mustang
    1966 Ford F100
    1973 Kenworth K100 Cabover 903CID Cummins
    1976 F650 Dump Truck
    1978 F150
    1980 F350 Pulling Truck
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    1990 Ford Mustang LX
    1992 Ford Festiva
    1992 Dodge D350 Cummins
    2000 Ford F350 Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke

You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do.-Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by links56 View Post
      I actually installed my stereo with out a kit. the stock radio is the exact size of most aftermarket ones. You just insert the cage and bend the little metal tabs so it stays in place and slide the radio in, then snap the trim piece in place. That's what I've always done in festivas. Hope this helps.
      Well I'll give it a try just in case I didn't do it properly the first go. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Got mine on e-bay.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by links56 View Post
          As did I....twice. Works perfect, no need for a dash kit.
          2005 Cadillac CTS-V
          1995 Mustang Cobra (Turbo)
          1993 Ford Festiva (Auto) white
          1993 Ford Festiva (Auto) teal

Comment

Originally posted by cobra29svt View Post
            As did I....twice. Works perfect, no need for a dash kit.
            same here!
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

alright well it seems whatever piece was in my dash to hold the deck in place isn't there anymore. I guess the previous owner removed it when they did a terrible job of installing a terrible deck.

There's screw holes though so I can definitely tell there is something missing. To ebay I go!

Comment

Just so you know, whatever stereo you get has to have the connectors to the far left or right of the back of the stereo, otherwise you will run into the ground screw pillar/rear support with the wiring and your stereo won't fit.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                  Just so you know, whatever stereo you get has to have the connectors to the far left or right of the back of the stereo, otherwise you will run into the ground screw pillar/rear support with the wiring and your stereo won't fit.
                  I have a kenwood kdc-mp345u. The wiring harness is far right so it should be ok, but when I try to push it in it's definitely hitting something. I think I just need to stick my hand in the back and shuffle the cables around until the stereo slides all the way in.

Comment

I put in a Kenwood KDC HD545U, I also had the same problem, I had to leave the metal sleeve out to get the correct angle over a bolt that I was hitting, sounds like the same thing, unfortunately I have to deal with my stereo because the USB is busted, anyway, mine is wedged in with a napkin so it's not particularily antitheft, but I live on an island of hippies.
                    Owner of:
                    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                    In progress:
                    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

I bought the kit shown here http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/51 on amazon, put the cage in it and found a loose support pin in my tool box for the rear. Everything lines up perfectly.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
                      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                      95 Grand Prix SE DD
                      Wife's Stuff:
                      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

not really related to my initial post but got my sub and amp all wired today! hopefully building a box tomorrow for it so it'll sound way better.
                        still need to install my 5 1/4" pioneer speakers in the back and solder all the connections for the deck, but that's about it!

Comment

Working...
                        X