how loud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how loud

hello just wondering if people can write down how many woofers,wrms,and a db reading if possible music or burp dont matter,just curious..2 x 12's,700wrms,138 music-141 burp.cheers jas.

Dunno about my sound "system" but at 7000 rpm and 15 psi its pretty loud with the cutout open!
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

that is very funny.hehe.:p

Comment

I don't understand the need for music so loud you can't listen to it. I find Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and David Allen Coe are much better at moderate volume levels!

BTW: I can burp pretty loud after a couple beers, but my wife gets mad when I do.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Wasn't born in a barn but i was made in one?
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
            Wasn't born in a barn but i was made in one?
            LOL

I like loud music when i'm cruising by myself, especially early in the morning or late at night, the right stuff will keep you awake! ...or the bass will wake you up when you fall asleep! it helps..

ATM i only have 1 12" rockford rated for 90 dbs, but it's a 400 rms sub and i'm only pushing about 300 watts to it, so it's probably no more than 50. I don't have a way of measuring it, it hits good, but not quite slamming..

The human ear can't distinguish sounds past about 140 dbs, so much more than that and your just asking to go deaf.. if you look into osha's regulations you shouldn't be exposed to sounds over 80 dbs for more than 15 minutes at a time without ear protection, and over 80 on a jobsite ear protection is required.....or something like that....and the more dbs you get the less time they recommend, it's been almost 2 years since I looked at their stuff, but it's along those lines..
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

zoom, that rockford is rated at 90dB @ 1w/M. meaning when a 2.63v pink noise signal is applied to the speaker, it produces 90dB. for every doubling of power to the speaker, you get another 3dB of sound. so doing the math, your sub should achieve aprox 116dB with your amp (though another 6db should be available for short periods from that amp).
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by jas13 View Post
                hello just wondering if people can write down how many woofers,wrms,and a db reading if possible music or burp dont matter,just curious..2 x 12's,700wrms,138 music-141 burp.cheers jas.
                what kind of subs were they? and where was the mic? that seems really high

Comment

I've hit 143db with 2-15" solo barics, I still have the plaque from winning that stereo comp too

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i guess festivas are pretty small lol

Comment

hey ghost,yeah 2 kenwoods 3009's and a jl mono.the box is an the small side with 2 x 4" ports.mic was placed on the windscreen.what do people find what works for them in placement of the subs and ports?mine was sub and ports on the same panel. 2 feet back firing at tailgate.i just had my first comp and come in 3rd.finished off with a 140.6,not sure what second come in and first the fella had 2 x solobarics and running 1500 rms and did a 143.so i was quiet pleased with what i had achieved.

Comment

amazing what happens when you the right amount of port..got some flexing now which im very happy with.hope to get it metered soon as its not louder but you can feel it more.i had my neighbour tell me that i was rattling his house windows which was around 20 meters away from the car,i find it hard to believe as all my doors and windows were closed.if it is true then im over the moon.after i get it metered would like to try a slot port.subs up port back.this is the start of my mini tryhard groundpounder...

Comment

well i beat my pb on saturday night at round 2 of db drags,come first in street stock at 142.3 db.i thought the kenwoods were 400wrms but no they are 200wrms.so 2 of them in 3 cube box and single 6" tuned to 53.power comes from m2000 alpine monoblock.i will be ordering 12" atomics at the end of april and will be working towards the high 40's.

Comment

158.8 solox 18 46.3hz brand x xxl2900 amp wired @ .5 ohm. Literally blew my rear fender off.

Sent from my ALCATEL A845L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jas13 View Post
                              Is it just woofers you care about?
                              I only have 2, 10" infinity kappa 100.9w subs, they are rated for 350 rms ea and 1400w peak.
                              The mono amp I have is a class D infinity kappa one rated at 800w rms and 1600 watts peak.

And here is the last frequency response reading I did.

The system wasn't tuned for loudest output,
                              Rather it was tuned for clean sound.

Also that graph was a full frequency graph for all speakers

When I first got the stereo finished I had them up loud and they would make me feel as if my heart was beating funny/or like I couldn't breathe.
                              And my friends could hear me coming blocks away.

Now thought I'm getting older I don't turn it up %100 very often anymore.
                              Last edited by rmoltis; 10-27-2015, 03:09 PM.
                              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Working...
                              X