wiring for rodio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring for rodio

hi guys i recently bought a second hand head unit for my aspire, when i took the old casset player out i found to wires with different connections, 1st one was power. 2nd i presumed was speakers. well on the back of my new head set theres only one port O.o, the new head set came with no wires or any thing so what am i meant to do?

thanks in advance Sam.

You need a wiring harness. This one will fit your Festiva.

Comment

Welcome to the forum egg!

See the sticky at the top of the Audio forum called "Radio Harness Adaptors". Stickies and searchng will save you a lot of time with questions.

Spiko, he has an Aspire.
      Last edited by TominMO; 02-11-2012, 09:40 AM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

cheers guy, umm well i guess there arent any kind of adapter cables so ill have to chop the connectors off and solder the proper connection on.

Comment

^ NO!!!! there are adapters for your car, honest to god. gimmie a few and i can find them.

HERE you go!!
          Last edited by FestYboy; 02-14-2012, 10:24 PM.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

oops
            Last edited by Chobobulous; 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM. Reason: thought he said he had a festiva
            91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
            06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by giantegg View Post
              cheers guy, umm well i guess there arent any kind of adapter cables so ill have to chop the connectors off and solder the proper connection on.
              C'mon egg, I just pointed you to where the adaptor info is! So did spiko.
              Last edited by TominMO; 02-15-2012, 10:50 PM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                Welcome to the forum egg!

See the sticky at the top of the Audio forum called "Radio Harness Adaptors". Stickies and searchng will save you a lot of time with questions.

Spiko, he has an Aspire.
                Whoops, read through the post too quickly. There are adapters available. Amazon, eBay, or any car audio store should have them stocked to fit your Aspire.

Comment

Wal-Mart has them in stock. Those are everywhere
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I read the original post over and it sounds like you don't have the harness adapter for the head unit itself?

If so, you can google the model number and come up with the adapter pretty easily. You wire that to the Aspire harness adapter (with solder and heat shrink ideally) and then it should be a plug and play installation.
                    -Zack
                    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                      I read the original post over and it sounds like you don't have the harness adapter for the head unit itself?

If so, you can google the model number and come up with the adapter pretty easily. You wire that to the Aspire harness adapter (with solder and heat shrink ideally) and then it should be a plug and play installation.
                      Good catch, I missed that too! Sorry egg.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

sorry guys :/, um i had to get 2 cables to make it work, 1 for head unit then 1 from car to other side of head unit cause i couldn't find any in my local area but its all good now, im running 190 watt sony computer speakers with a 8-9 inch sub (all external) i hooked it up with the red and white av cords, sounds fantastic..

thanks for your help guys

cheers sam

Comment

I was an unlucky one the black bullet had all stock wiring had adapter and all pulled my headunit and sold car with adapter still in and she took to audio place to get head unit installed and they cut it out and spliced a new sthle harness into stock set up bought car back and went to got install my head unit and it took me nearly 2 hours trying to figure out which set of wires went to which speaker so trust these words of advise go buy adapter and its pre color coded for easy installation good luck
                          89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

WALMART!!!!!!!
                            ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

Working...
                            X