speaker setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker setups

Im interested in what u guys use for sound, also what size and where do you source those little front speakers???
    He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
    1987 F-250 diesel-powered
    1984 Ironhead Chopper
    1999 Ducati Monster

Moved to the proper section

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

All four Festy speakers are 4". Try Best Buy or anyplace else that sells speakers. I have Kenwoods, and I'm sure there are other good brands in that size. Just make sure your radio is powerful enuf to drive your speakers. Had to replace my low-power Dual radio with a better one.

Do some searching in the Custom Car Audio section.
      Last edited by TominMO; 05-12-2012, 10:04 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

and in the back I built 2 panels to replace original grills big enough to use 6x9 sony explodes. (see pics) then I put 2 infinity 4"ers in the front.
        admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

thanx guys, much appreciated
          He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
          1987 F-250 diesel-powered
          1984 Ironhead Chopper
          1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Looks like the seat belts were removed? Not good

Comment

I bought some ebay used 4 inch all around. Be carefull that tweeters are somewhat flush, otherwise use some homemade spacers in the rear, and mount the fronts from behind the dash. Some tweeters in the door mirror locations really help. Add a small powered sub, and you can have a stealthy system that sounds great.

Comment

If you take the door panels off, there is a hole from the factoy for door speakers. They make it sound way better
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by 2ghetto View Post
                  Looks like the seat belts were removed? Not good
                  if you are referring to mine, I didn't have to touch the belts at all. oh, the guy who installed the sterio said it sounded better than the bose systems in a new lexus.

and that was before I added the 4" infinity's in the front. if I can get a powered bazooka 8" sub in there I'll be done.

Comment

This is my simple sound set-up: 6" separates speakers mounted on the side panels with tweeters placed below the front pillars and a 12" subwoofer in sealed mdf box at rear. Needs a decent amplifier placed below the passenger seat and of course a stereo.

Applicable to those who want for a sound quality set-up. Concept of these that speakers are in front only(forget the factory placed 4" speakers at the dash) are you're like in a concert and the focus is at the front. No need for placing speakers at the rear, just your subwoofer.

Here is a picture of my front area seeing my 6" speakers mounted w/ a 1/2" thk. MDF(medium density fiber board wrapped w/ a black carpet.

See the small part of the tweeter placed below the pillars.

Another shot...

Last edited by ernst; 05-15-2012, 12:17 AM.
                    Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
                    Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
                    (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

Looks great, Ernst! I like the carpet-wrapped panels.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                        Looks great, Ernst! I like the carpet-wrapped panels.
                        Thanks.
                        Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
                        Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
                        (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

speakers

i wound up putting upgraded speakers,in stock locations . get the nicest 4 in.woofers u can find,and add a pair of tweeters,to the rears[pur a 3.3uf capictor,between cap and tweeter. i like stock locations,to conserve space. if u insulate floors,for road nise,speakers sound better,

Comment

^ good move - I personally don't like speakers in the doors on anything.

they take too much "foot" abuse and if the door seals aren't perfect and fresh getting wet from rain/car wash will make them deteriorate in no time. that and the fact that when you put speakers in things that move wiring becomes fraid from wear areas or just works its way loose in general.

they will get wet anyway - we all leave a window down now and again. thats when it'll rain. if I ever do put them in the doors I'll get marine speakers.

I've replaced quite a few door speakers in my time and have found more than a couple to be rusted almost out. I have yet to remove a rusty or corroded dash or rear panel speaker. now the sun will mess up dash speakers but thats not a concern on the festy for obvious reasons on the dash. window tint solves the rear sun problem.

Comment

speakers

affirmative,put in doors,and rust wll kill them [unless u,shielded them] i must have several sets of 4 in,new speakers. some 4,and 8 ohm. i have 4,6 in. woofers [good bass] if anyone needs 4 or 6in. speakers [all work,no surprises] ill sell 4i. for 5.00 apiece and 6in. for 12.00 . 5.00 apiece,to ship.these are top of the line [most of them]. im a speaker myself,been designing setups so long. mdoyleufo@gmail.com.
                              Last edited by windy1; 05-20-2012, 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X