cabin resonant frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabin resonant frequency

hey all just wondering if anyone knows what the cabin resonant frequency is on the 1990 festiva/121 hatch?thanks heaps jas...

Mine is frequently resonant.

Comment

I'm guessing you're planning to install a performance muffler. When I was young and foolish I put one on a Mini Cooper and at exactly 50 mph it was disgustingly loud inside the car. The box shape of the car seemed to function as an amplifier or resonance chamber. The performance muffler was out of there and relegated to a garbage can within a week.

Comment

i am competing in dbdrags this weekend.would like to know where to tune the box? i have 2 box's,1st a 2.6 cbft and 2nd box 3cbft.2 12" type r's and 6" aeroport.i was thinking of tuning around the 55hz mark and burp 60hz.how does this sound?amp is a mrp2000 wired down to 1ohm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          I'm guessing you're planning to install a performance muffler. When I was young and foolish I put one on a Mini Cooper and at exactly 50 mph it was disgustingly loud inside the car. The box shape of the car seemed to function as an amplifier or resonance chamber. The performance muffler was out of there and relegated to a garbage can within a week.
          Performance muffler is oxymoronic Bert. Lol. I installed a resonator in my exhaust and it made a huge difference, but that has nothing to do with SOL competition. My stripped out 93 festiva seemed particularly sensitive to 62-72 hz exhaust frequency. Obviously this will change with a box installed and dynamat or any other SPL provisions.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-28-2012, 12:51 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by jas13 View Post
            hey all just wondering if anyone knows what the cabin resonant frequency is on the 1990 festiva/121 hatch?thanks heaps jas...

Wouldn't you want to stay away from the resonate frequency? You may blow up the entire car!!

I hear big sound working on trunk lids that resonate with a given frequency. sound like a junk wagon when that lid starts vibrating.

But if you had an audio oscillator on the input of your amps, you could sweep the frequency from zero to visible light. When you car starts vibrating, your pretty well on the resonate frequency or close.

Comment

Res frequency in my 88 with a 14 cubic ft box (inside dimensions) was 48.8 hz. Tested on a soundlab.

Sent from my ALCATEL A845L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 14carrot View Post
                Res frequency in my 88 with a 14 cubic ft box (inside dimensions) was 48.8 hz. Tested on a soundlab.

Too bad jmdigs didn't have your system, he wouldn't have wasted so much propane to heat his tie-rod and it actually would have vibrated off !!
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Bahahaha!

Comment

It might would've. I blew the rear fender off with it lmbo

Comment

Working...
                    X