Rear arm rest speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear arm rest speakers

Borrowed this picture from Advancedynamics.
    Can someone tell me the speaker size that fits the "box section" in the rear armrest area in the back seat?

Any speaker grill designs out there for speakers installed in this location?

i've seen 6x9 and 5x8 speakers placed in that area facing forward. you'll need to reinforce the palstics for mounting and vibration damping.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You can fit 5 1/4" Rounds with no mods in the stock location
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Thanks gents on the sizes. Now for a decent looking grill that can follow the contour of the plastic.

Comment

How does one fit 5 1/4's in the stock area with no mods, I've been staring at mine and it at least needs an adapter to widen the bolt circle for the the 5 1/4's over the stock 4 inchers
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
            How does one fit 5 1/4's in the stock area with no mods, I've been staring at mine and it at least needs an adapter to widen the bolt circle for the the 5 1/4's over the stock 4 inchers
            Just kind of depends on brand of speaker (different mounting points). Some have mounting points that are pretty easy to make work, with just a little longer of a screw at an angle, it holds them just fine. I think for mine I had two or three holes line up and one caulk eyed screw. That's just how I did it. Sorry no pics and I don't have it set up that way anymore.
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
            X