Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where exactly is the ground grounded at on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where exactly is the ground grounded at on...

...a basic 93 ford festiva head unit? I tried following it back but it disappears from me under the side panel. My speakers are crackling when I try to turn it up past 22, it goes up to 32. I was thinking that the ground needs to be tightened and or cleaned?!?!?
    Last edited by jimdigs; 05-31-2015, 06:34 PM.

Anybody? Did I word it wrong or something? Where is the ground wire that goes into the radio originally grounded at? I can't find the thing.

Comment

You need an EVTM for a 93 festiva.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        You need an EVTM for a 93 festiva.
        What does EVTM stand for?

Comment

Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual
          "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
          "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
          "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
          "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
          "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
          "Wenona"-89L parts car
          "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Jim beat me to it. EVTM - Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual. That, and the Factory Manual for your car are the two best books you'll ever have for your car - like gold. Circuits will become very clear to you. Ebay is the only source I know of where sellers sometimes show the actual book for sale and describe the condition. Not always though - some photos are "stock" photos, sometimes used to hide a beat up book. * The ground for your radio is shown in the manual as a rather short wire with an eyelet on each end. It appears to be attached at the back of the radio and grounded on the framework behind it. I'm not sure what sound you're describing. You may have a faulty volume control or loose connections to the speakers.
            When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

I know one bunch of grounds is screwed to the left hand wall under the dash.
              It's inside and shouldn't rust.

Comment

Ok, thanks guys for the responses. Must be loose wiring to the speakers.

Comment

The radio is grounded to the dash frame directly behind the radio.
                  You have to pull the radio part way out to check.

Comment

Working...
                  X