Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone done a Dual Alternator bracket??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone done a Dual Alternator bracket??

Just like it says im wanting to run dual alternators. One of my project's for war machine is to make it loud. Really loud. I'm at a good start but I'm looking to run atleast 10k watts. So I need some suggestions.. a small pic of my numbers as of now...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

So there are alternator upgrades, up to 100amp i believe, which one are you going with in the stock position?
    Then can you fabricate a mount to install one where the a/c condenser would go and then run the second pulley like the a/c would?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone done a Dual Alternator bracket??

Nevermind, i spoke too soon. 10,000 watts is 833 amps at 12v and 700amps at 14.4 volts. How did you figure on doing this even if you got 7 alternators on there? What kind of wire were you planning to run and how were you gonna control the throttle on the festiva? I think you would have to remove the transmission and bolt a generator to it and run at half throttle to get 700 amps

Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-20-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

DJ ran dual alts. Search up his car on google.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
        1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
        Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
        daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
        A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

10k watts? good lord, I'm running 1024 watts and I can make my ears ring for an hour on a good day, I can't even imagine what 10k watts would do. When I am ready to upgrade an alternator, first thing I do is grab my extra alternator and head to a mcparts store at their slowest time, then I have one of the parts counter people go through with me and find an alternator that mounts and connects exactly the way mine does but has more output wattage. I compare them side by side to make sure they'll work. I've done this more than once and I've run systems with 900 watts this way with only one alternator and one battery, never been an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jbibb1 View Post
            10k watts? good lord, I'm running 1024 watts and I can make my ears ring for an hour on a good day, I can't even imagine what 10k watts would do. When I am ready to upgrade an alternator, first thing I do is grab my extra alternator and head to a mcparts store at their slowest time, then I have one of the parts counter people go through with me and find an alternator that mounts and connects exactly the way mine does but has more output wattage. I compare them side by side to make sure they'll work. I've done this more than once and I've run systems with 900 watts this way with only one alternator and one battery, never been an issue.
            What did you all use? As far as the sound system. I had a really nice setup for a while, about 650watts i think it was. Dual 10in subwoofers in a really nice enclosure. Cant remember what the other speakers were. Had to turn it down to see out the mirrors. Could get hard to breathe or think in there sometimes, lol. Heard plenty of systems that were double the wattage and 5x the money that didn't sound as nice. All ran off the stock alternator and one battery. Eventually Got tired of always having to take the subs out to use the car to haul anything

Comment

Originally posted by jbibb1 View Post
              On these Ford/Mazda/kia cars you have to be careful when doing this. After a certain year the field coils are controlled by the ECM. The newer style alternator will physically bolt up and will plug in to the car just like the original, but it could fry your car wiring or your ECM if you get things wrong. It's happened to a few cars on this forum already.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-24-2016, 07:48 PM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I don't plan on running it all off the alternator. This car is going to be competitive only. Under load it won't be at idle it will be at 1500 rpm. I plan on running 20 1200 cca batteries. I just need to keep it charged enough to play. I'm a veteran usac competitor and I have ran 5800 watts on one 160 amp alternator on this car. I just need to control my voltage drop a little better for the 2 additional amps ill be running.

Comment

Ever think of going to a 16v alt?
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Well if you want to get all this power at only 1500 rpm and wont be revving it too high have you considered using a smaller alt pulley?
                    And where are you keeping 20 truck batteries? I can hardly picture 10,000 watts worth of speakers fitting in a festiva, 20 batteries outside the car then?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      Ever think of going to a 16v alt?
                      Yes i have. I'd like to play around with that but I'd need a bracket made first.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                        Well if you want to get all this power at only 1500 rpm and wont be revving it too high have you considered using a smaller alt pulley?
                        And where are you keeping 20 truck batteries? I can hardly picture 10,000 watts worth of speakers fitting in a festiva, 20 batteries outside the car then?

Trust me it all fits. I only need the bracket to make this come together.

Comment

I wanna see this setup when done.
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I think we all do
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I got 2800 watts currently and it's loud enough to cause hearing loss after one 30 minute drive. You'll be turning the volume up going why is it quieter? Lol. 10,000 watts seems a bit extreme. But if your a competitor go for it.

I'm also interested in a larger charging system. I think my amps pull a max of 200 amps just based on fuse ratings of the amps.

I was thinking of mounting an extra alt where the AC unit would go if I had one. If I had two 100 amp alts I'd probably be good.
                              Last edited by rmoltis; 07-01-2016, 08:17 AM.
                              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Working...
                              X