Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on this setup

Wanting to keep this setup simple.

I'm thinking a decent head running 40 watts rms to decent 4" dash speakers with aimable tweeters and a bazooka (cmon, its a 90's car!) would be enough to hear over the fact my interior is mostly stripped.

What do you think?
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

I think its expensive, but sexy! I have 4" Kicker dash, no tweeters, running 40 W off a Pioneer
    2 12" kicker comps @250 W

Hear it just fine even with the JDM exhaust.
    You can see it on imgur if you want, http://imgur.com/a/4MhCw
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Hatch, you'll need an amp for the bazooka, but the 4" focals will sound really good. Just make sure you cross them over at 150-200... Make sure the Sony can do that.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

A pair of decent 6x9's put out pretty good bass when paired with a decent amp. These PPI 6x9's sound great in Pedro when it's all stripped out for the track. I take the sub box out when I put R compound tires on. I barely miss the sub (single 12" kicker.) I mostly listen to music with strong mid bass though.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-02-2016, 01:45 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Hi Hatch. The little system you have assembled here should be nice in a Festiva. The head unit does have high pass filter for the front speakers and it looks to also have the ability to do low pass for the subwoofer on the rear speaker outputs. You should NOT have to invest in a separate amplifier. Just know that ~40 watts on the sub may be anemic, but I have done similar systems in the past with Pioneer radios a hand full of times and have been surprised with the results. I say go for it. If you find that you do want more power then it can be an upgrade for a later time.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by red90festyonair; 08-02-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for all the great input guys!

Comment

Found a better bass option

Comment

That will not perform better than the Bazooka. It will fit under the seat. Pick your poison. The bigger tube in the rear corner will outperform the small sub under the seat

Comment

If I were in your shoes this would be the optimal unit http://www.crutchfield.com/p_204BT8D...VC.html?tp=112

You then can run both sub channels to the sub and use all the power available in the radio to drive the woofer.

Just my two pennies.

Comment

Check out this Audiopipe Tube if you are looking for a Tube Look. Audiopipe usually makes great products for a decent price. This tube has an amplifier built in running 80Watts RMS. Always check Amazon and Ebay and SonicElectronics before you buy anything because you can usually find it a lot cheaper than MSRP.
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Ahh yea the more I read the more I think my gut instinct was right - unpowered bazooka run by the head unit might be the way to go. Cheaper, easier, louder.

Comment

Yeah, I agree,to a point. The sub you listed is a 10 and a single voice coil 8ohm. Not optimal for what I think you are looking for, too much cone and not enough load to produce all the power that is available. The dual 4ohm voice coil would be more appropriate for the way you want to run this setup. Also be sure you account for mounting the Bazooka about 4 to 8 inches away from the rear passenger corner, aimed into the corner. The closer the better. That is the way they are intended to work the best.

Last edited by red90festyonair; 08-02-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Yup just catching up to ya, thanks for the link!
                          Dual vc 8" unpowered bazooka @ 4 ohms running off the head units power which is roughly 60 watts rms..
                          Last edited by Hatch; 08-02-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Mind the cross talk when running a DVC sub.... 10 clean watts should be plenty for a sub, but it needs to be sensitive. Also, a head unit won't have the damping factor you want for a sub, nor will it have the capacity to draw the power needed to go loud and clean.

If I may make a suggestion: a soundstream Rubicon or Picasso nano mono block. Finding one used may be difficult but that's an attestment to their quality. Another option it their lil' wonder amp bridged mono. Huge power and damping factor in a small package.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Cross talk? Dvc? Damping factor?

Could you elaborate? I'm not quite an audio engineer..

Comment

Working...
                              X