Surprised myself even.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised myself even.

Ok so I decided it was time to upgrade the speakers and head unit. So I went on Amazon and bought the lightning audio 1500bt (a Bluetooth radio , mp3 , am/fm , everything but a CD player lol) and kicker 4" dsc44's. All for $82. Well sounded a bit off and wasn't really happy with the speakers. But read on here bout somebody putting a sub and amp in and it completely changed their sound. Well I bought a jl audio 8" sub in a factory enclosure and a 250w kicker amp. Well I installed it and tonight and wow what a difference. It sounds pretty dang good in my opinion. Still deciding the permanent placement of the sub box (its ported)but very happy overall. Going for a 2 hr ride tomorrow, so pretty excited to see how she does lol.

Pictures

Comment

If there is a HPF (High Pass Filter) on your head unit then set it to around 100Hz so that the bass doesn't make it to the 4" kickers. That will keep the 4" speakers from cracking when you crank the volume up.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Also if you have a sub hz filter i had to set my 2 12"s to 50 hz anything higher and most of the sound was rattling windows such

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
          Also if you have a sub hz filter i had to set my 2 12"s to 50 hz anything higher and most of the sound was rattling windows such

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          With an 8" sub you should be able to bump that up to around 80Hz but it all depends on what kind of sound you want out of it. I keep my 15's at 50Hz
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
          X