Putting a Cassette deck in my Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a Cassette deck in my Festiva

I'm hell bent on putting a cassette deck in the Batstiva since I have a giant travel trunk full of tapes I want to continue to enjoy and I'm the most stubborn person I know.

I currently have no radio and the remnants of a hacked up aftermarket harness under in the hole where the radio should be.

The front doors have speakers and while the rear speakers are missing, there are wires going to the rear speaker mounting locations.

Would I be better off buying a decent aftermarket cassette deck off ebay and wire it into the mess under the dash, or should I just try and track down a factory stereo cassette unit and repair the factory harness?

Getting real tired of not having a radio at this point
    1991 Festiva - Newest Toy
    1986 Horizon - The Race Car
    1993 Suburban 2500 - The Workhorse
    1995 Dakota 4cyl - The Eternally Broken

You should be able to find a factory radio here cheap. Your going to have to repair the factory harness either way.

I listen to mp3's.

Comment

does anyone know what other Ford radios (or Mazda radios) will fit in a Festiva? I've been spoiled with my Chryslers using the same radio in almost everything from like 1978 to 1996 lol

Comment

If the harness is hacked up you will need to source replacement connectors with your factory radio and then scab the connectors into your hacked harness. That being said I personally would get whatever I liked aftermarket and run new speaker wires powers and ground.Easy to find tons of options and as mild or wild as you want it.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

I would run aftermarket like ricko1966 said. The factory units aren't as easy to find in good condition anymore and the connectors being missing will cause you headaches.

It's cool that someone already did the work to mount speakers in the front doors so you don't have to but now you have to find out where the speaker wires are ran to lol.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

A Mercury Capri radio might fit, but I haven't checked to see for sure.
            1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
            1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
            2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

I may have lucked out, it looks like they used blade connectors to splice into the factory harness.

Didn't make it to the junkyard today because of the snow here, but there is a Capri in my local pull it yourself yard

Comment

New ones on ebay still! I have factory radios but shipping would be a lot. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F112395287377

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Most any single din radio will work. I have Saturn radios from the early 90's in my car.

Comment

Working...
                  X