Honda radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda radio?

There's a Honda radio/ CD player the right size at a local second hand store for $8. Can it be put in my '89 Festiva? The plastic connector has been removed from the back of the Honda radio. All there is is a couple rows of what look like narrow spade connectors.

My car didn't come with a radio. Years ago I put in a cheap radio/tape player, twisting the wires, which no longer tunes and eats tapes.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

If it's an older radio, that doesn't require security codes/ECU interface, and is single DIN sized, you should be able to make it work.

Most radios require the same basic connections:

12V+ Constant
    12V+ Key on
    Ground

4x speaker outputs
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

To make your life easier research the model number on the radio to find the year and model. Then you need to get the plug in connector and radio wiring schematic for the original vehicle. I spent hours over the coarse of weeks and 100s of miles of driving trying to get properly fitting connectors for one of my lucky find radios,and yes I even went to electronic supply warehouses.
      Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
      There's a Honda radio/ CD player the right size at a local second hand ore for $8. Can it be put in my '89 Festiva? The plastic connector has been removed from the back of the Honda radio. All there is is a couple rows of what look like narrow spade connectors.

My car didn't come with a radio. Years ago I put in a cheap radio/tape player, twisting the wires, which no longer tunes and eats tapes.
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

If it doesn't have the plugs with it. its not worth buying.

Comment

Working...
          X