dont want my system to get stolen..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont want my system to get stolen..

im getting a new soundsystem this spring. running all memphis. 2 mojos and a 4kw mojo amp. i am making my own box and an alpine flip screen maybe. in any case, i dont want it to get stolen. i see that the festivas hatch it the easest to break into, and seth got his RF system stolen. i was thinking about shaving EVERYTHING. the doors, and the hatch, but the kits price isnt the problem, its the instalation and the new alternator ill need and ill need 2 kenetic bats going to the amo anyway, so ill need another on for the door poppers. so i just thoguht "huh, thats a lot of money" lol. installation will be close to be 2k for the hatch and the doors and i doubt i could do it. so i was thinging about a car alarm. there is one for 300 with a pager on the key chain. my car already has a POS alarm on it. i found that out when i was installing my sound system, i guess it goes off if you mess with the battery or the speakers or the deck or something like that, i never figured it out. so in any case, got any semi-cheap suggestions? and BTW to all moderator, im sorry if this is the worng place. i didnt know if i should put this in bodywork or car audio. sorry. so anyway, any suggestions? also, im getting a new drivers side door, what do i do about the key, could i just switch out the locks from my door to the new one? thanks.
    Teal 93 GL
    stock as piss
    loud system though

It doesn't matter what locks you have on your festiva, the top of the window sills are to weak, and if someone wanted to they could literally bend the top of the doors open.

Your best bet is to completely hide your system. If it is all going to fit behind the back seat, then get one of the factory covers for the rear area.

Also don't blast your system near your house. And don't let someone follow you after you have been bumpin, because chances are they will find out where you live, and steal your stuff at night.

Comment

the alarm that a lot of my friends have (me too, well for my other car and soon to be festiva as well) is made by compustar, it's a two-way alarm so it'll tell you when the alarm is goin off, if a door was opened etc. plus it has remote start, it seems to be a really good alarm

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

where can you get it, whats the price, and would i need a better batter going to it? thanks alot. this really helps.
        Teal 93 GL
        stock as piss
        loud system though

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
          the alarm that a lot of my friends have (me too, well for my other car and soon to be festiva as well) is made by compustar, it's a two-way alarm so it'll tell you when the alarm is goin off, if a door was opened etc. plus it has remote start, it seems to be a really good alarm
          Ha Ha... good old Compustar, do me a favor turn the ignition on/off 5 times. Now your in valet mode(aka no alarm) drive the car away Because that's what car thief's do break the pins in the barrel and start your car. Buy a real alarm!

Comment

I've had many different alarms.. and the sad reality is no one cares. In my driveway I have security set up cams/lights on motion sensor. Only been ripped off once and the kid was caught on camera and arrested the next day. Still got very little back and him paying restitution was a joke. But in the car they're totally worthless. Maybe I'm just cynical living around the 4th largest city in the US, but if they see something they want, eventually, they'll get it if you park your car and walk 100' away. The best alarm you can get is a silent 1. Something that pages or calls your cell. At least then you have SOME chance of catching them. What's worse is even if you do catch them around here, you better be ready for a fight or a shootout.. But NO stereo is worth your life, and loud alarms don't scare away anything but stray animals. The best deterrent that I have used is a beach towel. I wad it up and throw it up on the dash where a chunk hangs off and covers the stereo. But if you show it off or bump it around town, nothing will work.

Comment

DJ you got the right idea,Out of sight out of mind.You hear my stereo but don,t see it.
              Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
              99 Dodge Caravan SE
              95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
              94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
              78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
              78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
              03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
              95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
              95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
              95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment