nothing is ever easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing is ever easy

well, my new b6 motor is in but I apear to have a small problem :? after I filled the coolant system, and left it for a few hours, I noticed a drop of coolant at the base of the oil pan on the pully side, thinking it was mearly spillage, I wiped it up, and left it....well i cam back a few hours later again and another drop was hanging off the bottom of the oil pan (hadn't reached the ground). I know this leak is far from perfuse, but everything in this motor is new, so I REALLY hope that it is just a little weepage from the pump or something. I was thinking that since the motor also hasn't been started and heated up yet that things will be a bit loose untill operational temperatures are reached, can anyone condole me on this hypotheses or should I worry even more then now :roll:

Are ALL your seals and gaskets NEW? I would fire her up and monitor for leaks. This is the first step in any engine swap or rebuild anyway. Worst case scenario, you may have to go back and replace a water pump or seal. See if you can further investigate as to the exact location of the seepage. You may just have to snug up a bolt or reseal a gasket. Good luck!
    1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
    2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Could it just be a hose clamp that needs tightening?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO
        Could it just be a hose clamp that needs tightening?
        actually, thats quite possible, I noticed also that the lower rad hose (the rubber one) had a small weep where the rubber slides over the metal tube, it had a clamp on it and seemed tight, but there was a small droplet at the conection point :? I don't remember how clean the metal surface was before installation, so it might be corroded and rough letting a small weep by, in which case it will most likely stop weeping under pressure, so that other leak could be the rear water tube behind the intake manifold, it looked kinda rough too. If all it is is a little hose seepage I'm good to go, those will just need a better clamp or might stop themselves with time, I was just hoping it wasn't like the water pump mating surface or something because thats a brand new gasket, actually, the whole motor was completely rebuilt and has ALL new gaskets and seals so any leak is anoying :? well I'll know hopefully tonight, I might go over to storage to start it later.....wish me luck :shock:

Comment

Actually, pressure would probably turn the slight leakage into a stream of coolant. If tightening the clamps doesn't do the job, try two clamps.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

oh thank god! actually I just got back from checking and no more leak, it was just a little weep from everything being dry, so thats cool................and I STARTED IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
            gigity, gigity, all-right

Comment

Working...
            X