Rear tranny mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear tranny mount

is the stock rear tranny mount supposed to be in 2 pieces?

I'm putting in a stock tranny to hold me over and the rear mount looked to be in 2 pieces... Can't remember the junk car when I pulled it. Pics may be helpful!

Fwiw- everything is in, just needs some wiring hooked back up. More later!
    Simon - pimptiva.com

If your talking about the oem festiva mount, no it shouldn't be in two pieces. I had one of them split on me in the old red festiva. IF you are talking about a protege rear tranny mount, I believe its two pieces, the main part that bolts to the tranny, and then another round type mount with the poly in it, and the bolts off from it.... I could be wrong.

Comment

hmmm, maybe that's another one of the problems! I'm pretty sure mine is in 2 pieces... Good thing my uncle has a manual parts car I can pull a spare out.

Anoyone have a pic? Maybe of a parts car or something?
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

The festiva mount looks like this. It's one piece. Think of it as a homemade hamburger with a thick piece of rubber in the middle.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I'm looking for FESTIVA only... I'm putting in a stock tranny on the BP until I can afford (and find someone to weld) the stuff I need for the G25...
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

^^That is the one you want. It is really cheap on Rockauto.com its $6.75 plus shipping.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Would it be safe to drive with a busted rear mount? It would just be for a day or two... Also, can I fix without removing the axles and all that?
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yea it should be OK as long as you don't beat on it. And you should be able to replace it without removing the axles.
                Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Update - Casper is back on the road... Well, almost! I got everything put back together today. I had to order a new exhust manifold gasket (the other was shot) and that'll be in tomorrow... However, I did get it out around town for just a few minutes to make sure it'd get up and shift. It goes into all 5 gears pretty well!

Problems to work with yet:
                  1. Car is REALLY dirty (and greasy) from the past 2 days... Needs a good cleaning
                  2. Replace broken rear transmission mount
                  3. AutoX this coming weekend

I probably won't get the mount fixed before then, but I drove the car with a busted mount before (that and low fluid MAY have been what caused my blow-up... not 100% sure)

Oh well...

Still - is it SAFE to drive with a busted rear mount? If it's suggested to replace it, maybe that's what Saturday will be about!
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Also - my speedometer isn't working after the swap... I pulled the gear out to fill with fluid, possibly put in incorrectly?
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I would replace that mount before you do autoX, you don't want to put any extra strain on your CV axles.

Comment

Hmmm... Well - a swap for that might be in the works for this weekend too... Oh, I hate the idea of doing that again though, haha!

Thoughts on the speedo? The gear is seated in the tranny the whole way...
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Well... I just decided to order it from RockAuto and have it sent 2day express... I'll have it Thursday and that gives me a few days to get it in... Shouldn't be too hard to get the old one out and this one in (hopefully) - More soon...
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Did it pull out of the back of the speedo?
                            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Yeah you might of seperated the wire inside its sheeth of the speedo, thats what I did accidently the last time I took the engine out without removing the speedo first :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X