run the good stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run the good stuff

all you Carb festies out there, run the good stuff!!!! you'll see a MPG improvement i swear!!! it keeps the knock circuit from dumping fuel during knock. the higher octane also allows more advanced timing which further improves MPG. i can't verify that this works for injected festies but it does have an effect on my fiero (MPFI) so i'm guessing the same will hold true for your EFIs
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

I don't recall the carbed cars having knock sensors. I'll have to check Uncle Fester. Besides, at 90mph, fuel econ is my last concern.... (still gets 38mpg on 87octane at 90mph). I also pulled the fuel cut solenoid, drilled the main jets one step, and run 8deg advance. Uncle Fester does some mean burnouts!
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

well while in my research about all things Festy, i came across an anti-knock valve that's part of the carb at least on the '88s, granted there is no sensor that i could see or find during my searches but the valve is there none the less.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I think they're talking about the altitude compensator valve. I'm not sure, I'll check my pubs.....
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
        X