IAT Sensor... .Does My Festiva Have One ... Just Bought Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT Sensor... .Does My Festiva Have One ... Just Bought Chip

I have a 1993 Festiva L 1.3 L. I just bought a performance chip for it that needs to be hooked up to the IAT Sensor. I've been looking online and it's normally always in the Intake Tube. I was just hoping someone could help me figure out where the heck I put this chip. I'm really anxious to put it in and hear my festiva roar lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot

Return the chip and get your money back all five dollars of it. Just advance the timing and use premium gas and you can accomplish the same result. By the way there is no IAT sensor on our cars. Searh hybrid VAF's or VAF tuning. You can scrounge some minor hp gains there as well...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

You've been had. Those things are all fake... If you want real HP? Swap in a BP...
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

the "chip" you bought is nothing more than $0.05 resistor. Adding it to the IAT circuit (which Festies don't have) causes the PCM to think its much colder outside than it really is, sending it into a 'cold run' choke mode. Does little for performance, and really hurts fuel economy and driveability.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Welcome to the forum, but im afraid that thing is witchcraft! return it ASAP
          89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
          RIP 90LX

Comment

Good gawd! Another victim! Dude, just don't bother with it. It's about as valuable as those "electric turbos) you see on eBay that are just 12v ventilation fans. No real gains to be had.

Don't feel bad, though. We all get suckered at some point.

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X