Aspire FI harness into Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire FI harness into Festiva?

Just wondering if anyone has ever taken the EFI harness from an Aspire, and grafted it into a Festiva. The advantage to this would be that you'd then have mass air, rather than vane air metering.

What computer would you think you'd use with this, if you have a B6 under the hood?

I can see a few roadblocks already, but nothing truly substantial.

If you have a manual, you could see the difference in the wiring back into the ecm. Different animal. I've just got my 89 b6 moved into my 97 aspire from my 90 festiva. The tps's work differently too, cause the new computer wants different info. For example: the old style tps (and computer) want to see a ground at idle, then nothing in the middle, then another ground at wide open throttle. The new style tps (and computer) sends a varying signal the whole way.
    The older vaf has the air temp sender built into it somewhere, and the new maf has the air temp sender mounted by itself at the air box. Everything is just enough different to make you crazy.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

, Yeah, but if you change over the appropriate sensors and stuff, it seems doable.

Comment

if you sat down with both diagrams and compared the differences and unit locations and signal outputs it could be done . . . would be time consuming and possibly frustrating depending on your electrical knowledge/skill

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

probably would be better to use the aspire mass air system over the festiva vane system if one were converting a carb car to fuel injection though

Comment

Brought up this old post to see if anyone has done this.
            This is what I am am in the middle of doing.
            I am also looking for wiring diagrams on a 95 Aspire. I have the haynes manual, so I am looking for anything with more detail. I would really like to find a CD of the Aspire manual.

Known issues: the gauge connectors need to be replaces for the festiva cluster. The airbag stuff has to be stripped out of the
            harness. Not sure about the headlight connectors.
            Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
            Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
            Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

Comment

I found the wiring diagrams thanks to Nautical Lifens on the aspire site!
              Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
              Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
              Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

Comment

Working...
              X