Phantom grip, welding diff, Quaifa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom grip, welding diff, Quaifa

Anybody have any luck with a phantom grip or welding there diff on there g25 transmission I pull mine out of protege's and EGT's. Im pretty sick of not getting any traction on the street, spinning a tire every time I punch it on the freeway, I can't race anyone because 5th gear is when I hook up in this cold weather:cry: And quaifa I thought they made an LSD but was very expensive Im not sure though??
    88,festiva

Yeah, I put a Phantom Grip Lsd in a stock aspire trans, but they make one for your trans.
    I ordered mine from here: http://www.eraceparts.com/ They had the best price. $256 for mine. Put your car type (the trans your car came from) in the box, to see which model you'd need. I use mine primarily on the snow and ice w/a b6, so the stock gold spring config. works for me. I also know a guy that scca ralley raced with the gold spring config. with no complaints. It sounds like you'd like the "spring-upgrade". You have an option of getting the stronger green springs. The quaif is the best you can by, but lets face it, it's not always an option for one reason or another. One wheel spinning is not an option. That's what trashes diff carriers, and of course ultimately the whole housing. Torque steer is gone, and I've tested it on the dirt, dry and wet pavement and it's way better then without it. I've only just had this for 500 miles at this point. It's not just a drop in unit on all cars, I had to do some machining on mine ($70) and I had my pinion pin, pinion gears, and side gears cryogenic treated ($90 with shipping) at "300 below" In illinois. But you don't have to do this. Sometimes you hear the PG lsd getting a bad rap, but not really from people who've actually had one. I've actually seen more people blow their diff's from one wheel spin, than from any other cause. If you've got access to as many transmissions as you suggest, and you'll be doing the install yourself, you can't afford not to try it. My racing season is just now coming up, so I'll really be putting this thing to the test, and I'll keep everyone posted on the strength of this config.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Hey thanks for the awesome info, Im probably going to give PG a try.
      88,festiva

Comment

Yeah well, went out on the rain soaked asphalt in a parking lot today, cranked the wheels to the left, and hammered away. Ah yes, its very nice being able to control/steer the car with power. It gives me a chubby just thinkin about when the suckers show up on the ice this season with their open diffs. Ha Ha Ha ho ho ho he he he, all the way to the podium for ME!

Comment

^^ Awesome

I can't wait to see some video footage of all that
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Hey, If you want to see some footage of actual races from our feb. 2006 series, one of the guys in our club posted some video on u-tube. The title is "Ice Racing In Michigan" the author is "jevchance" it's about 8 min. worth. My car is in some of it, the # 9 festiva, which is now sold, to make way for the # 9 aspire for 2008. I took second overall for this 2006 season! The track was very weird at this point in the season. We had about 6 inches of snow on the ice, that then got some sleet which compressed and refroze that snow into about 2 inches of styrofoam. It would actually break out in places all over the track making these frigging potholes, that you would have to hit with full power on. You couldn't drive around them either because of the traffic and of course your line.

Comment

Working...
            X