Pick a part, 2005 rio’s w/ b6’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a part, 2005 rio’s w/ b6’s

I’ve came across 2 2005 Kia rio’s with the b6 engines at my local pick a part, as far as I know that was the last year the b6 was put in them. I’ve been Rollin around the b6 swap idea for a little while. As well as other upgrades for my completely stock festiva.

I just haven’t seen anywhere on here that swap done from a rio, should be the same as any other b6, no?
    A swap should be a piece of cake for me I’m just kinda new to the festiva

thought I’d put this out there, any thoughts advice
    thanks

I have asked about this before and the answer that I remember was that since the Rios are newer and are probably on a Can-Bus system you would have to swap over the majority of the wiring and computers. Most of the other B6 swaps just require a few extra wires and the swapped ecm.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Dang, I was kinda wondering if it being newer n all would be an issue,
      thanks

Comment

If the 2005 cam runs the same distributors from back in the 80s and 90s then dont see why not. If you run into a few sensors that don't screw in you splice or brass bushing adapt them. Worst case you run ignition like a Miata. since no one wants a b6 Miata the ECU and wiring harnesses are 30 bucks all day long on craigslist you don't even have to pull it out, some kid trying to go faster has done the work
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Rio B6s are interference engines and are known for eating timing belts. if you use one, first thing, replace the belt.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I ended up using the 1994 mazda mx3 1.6 basically the same as the miata 1.6s

thats interesting that the rio b6s are interference engines, you would think that if they back manufactured it after the mazda 1.6s, that would be generally the same.
            I guess theres always something they can cut a corner on and save themselves millions in production

Comment

Working...
            X