Preparing for some Turbo B3 action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for some Turbo B3 action

Preparing for some turbo B3 action. It will likely be the most serious and thought out setup yet. An actual tuning system, an actual fuel system and if it works out I will build a manifold for it as well after some testing with the stock manifold.

Stay tuned

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 7 photos.

Some progress on the intake.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

What throttle body are you using?
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

It will be a stock DSM throttle body. Picked up the turbo that I will start this project with. Some welding and machining and it is ready for mock up.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Intake mounted. Miata cam angle sensor mounted. Throttle body mounted. EGT bungs welded.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Back pressure fitting welded to the turbine housing. Throttle cable brackets welded and cable ran. Coil pack bracket welded and mounted. Turbo and manifold mocked up to map out the engine bay.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Looking good! How much boost do you think the B3 will stand? Keep us posted I am sure there's a lot of interest in this project.
              Rick
              '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
              '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
              '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I have no expectations. No one has produced anything worthwhile and concrete with the B3. If it goes smooth and has potential I have already sent off a rod and piston to be designed. I just have to oil the trigger on my end if this works out.

Comment

Still have a lot of practicing to do with thin walled aluminum tubing.

Hotpipe made. More to come with that setup. Exhaust vband welded and about ready for tubing. Exhaust back pressure heat sink made. Oil return fitting installed.
                  This gallery has 9 photos.

Comment

Catch can made and mounted. I spaced out getting fittings for it yesterday so it will have to wait until next week to be finished.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X