Ported B3 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ported B3 head

Just an update on RED, my soon to be drag racer.

The B3 engine block is at the machine shop for a +.020" overbore and a hot tank cleaning. The head is at the shop to install new shorter valve guides and to do a valve job, along with a +.010" head skim. I spent 3 days porting and polishing the inlet and exhaust runners -- much bigger and smoother run.

I sent off the stock camshaft for a regrind to the guy I found in Oregon. He had a grind which was nearly identical to the FMS 3/4-race cam. The specs are: 254/254 @ .050", 292/292 adv, .280"/.280" lift. Since the rockers are 1.75 : 1, this gives a .490" lift at zero lash.

So fairly soon the engine will start going together and then get installed in the car.

If anyone wants more pictures of the head work or is interested in getting their head P&P, send me a note. In the picture the old valve guides have been removed in order to do the P&P.

If anyone in the NC area needs machine work done to their engine, I really recommend Edge Brothers in Jacksonville, NC. Nice people, very impressive shop, reasonable prices.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I am slowly working on porting one of my extra heads. Instead of pushing out the guides I just ground them down with the ports. This is the first time I have done any port work so hopefully It doesn't destroy itself when I am done.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X