Cold air intake help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold air intake help

Hey new here I've got relatively stock1989 Mazda 121, gutted the catalytic converter...oops, removed back seats and some interior for weight reduction.
    Looking for help for a cold air intake, thinking about a hood scoop, theres a part on the intake that goes to the exhaust header frame, does that mean shes scooping up hot air??? Why would they do that? Can I just block it off??
    any help would be awesome can add pictures soon
    Last edited by ChristopherB; 02-19-2020, 12:07 AM.

With my first car, 85 Camry, I built my own cold air intake out of pvc piping, 90deg elbows, and rubber couplers, from Home Depot
    One part I had to eBay order though was a cone filter adapter to attach to the Maf after removing the air filter housing. Like in the picture.
    There was no filter adapter available for that car so I had to redrill new holes in it to match up with the Maf
    Also There’s a few guys on here who have modified their air intake. You should be able to find their posts with a bit of searching

That tube connected from the exhaust to the intake manifold is the exhaust air supply tube. it works in conjunction with the vacuum system for emissions control. If it were me I wouldn’t mess with what was designed for the engine to run right.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
    X