Need new exhaust valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new exhaust valves

I was taking a look at The exhaust valves after I pulled the manifold off today, I found one that Has chip out of it and the rest are all really burnt kind of looking. I know that the valve stem seals have Not been sealed completely for a period of time.
    So upon start up it has blown blue smoke burning the oil that leaked through the stem seals
    after I found the chipped exhaust valves I realized I’m gonna be doing a cylinder head job.
    Oh yeah and the engine is B6d.
    anyway I’m lookin at replacing some exhaust valves along with everything else I’m going to be doing .
    anybody have any good experience with the engine tech exhaust valves on rock auto, or should I go oem style and hand out some $

advice?
    thanks guys

Ok well I’ve been looking at the Supertech valve set for the miata, b6ze. Looks like a pretty good deal, they should fit the B6d I’m thinking. I’m thinking of getting the high flow oversize set.
    the idea of putting a turbo on her is enticing so while I’ve got the cylinder head off I figure i may as well upgrade the valves.

has anyone done such a thing on their engine builds
    Last edited by Tyler77; 05-11-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X