Correct Axles for G-series swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Axles for G-series swap

I have a 1991 Ford Festiva that has already been 1.8 BP swapped using the original 5-speed Transmission. I am looking at swapping to the G-Series(specifically Capri XR2) manual transmission. I am looking into buying an entire 1991 XR2 to snag the transmission and possibly axles. What complicates this even more is my Festiva has already been swapped to Aspire hub. I cant seem to find a solid answer on what axles will work being that I have Aspire hubs which I read are a half inch wider?

Aspire, Rio, Festiva, and Capri hubs all use the same outer spline count and length, axles don't change with a brake swap.

For a Capri hub, you will use Aspire control arms.
    Rio & Aspire hubs use regular Festiva LCAs.

If you are getting a complete XR2, be sure to save the entire drivetrain. The B6T, wiring, and ECU are very desirable.
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

So I am not certain on the Lower control arms, but given the hubs being from an Aspire, I am guessing the LCA are also Aspire.

Just to verify the winning sauce here:
      - 91 Festiva with Aspire hubs
      - 1.8 BP engine (1991 protege LX)
      - 1991 Capri XR2 G-series 5 speed trans swap
      - Both axles and halfshafts from Capri

Finally, verify that I have the aspire LCA and everything should jive with custom Trans mounts?
      Spline count checks out, just worried about length before I buy the entire XR2.

Comment

No, Aspire brakes need to use the Festiva LCA.

You will need an intermediate shaft adapter to use the G series Capri axles with the BP. It's available from TheFestivaStore.com
        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
        Feel free to PM me anytime!
        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Awesome! I got the intermediate Shaft adapter for the BP on order.
          Okay, I do know the guy I got the Festiva from was running aspire brakes so the LCA are Festivas? If that's the case I should be good to go then.

Comment

Working...
          X