• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power increase

Hello i have 2 questions regarding my 96 ford aspire
    1. What bigger injectors would fit
    2. How can I increase its power

Your best bet would be going with a different engine.
    There's B6 and B6ME that came in various Mazdas and Kias that are pretty much plug and play. In other words they can be swapped out fairly easy with minimal tools.
    If you look on this forum you should be able to find good information in the archives as to which cars to look for for a donar and what will be involved with doing the swap. The little 1.3 in your Aspire is not an engine that will give you much in the way of performance. My 1.3 was tired and instead of rebuilding it I swapped in a B6ME out of a '95 Kia. B6ME is a 1.6 with 16 valves. I'm not sure what the horsepower rating is but I would guess it's roughly 50% more than the B3. Acceleration is much improved and in the mountains around my home I am now able to run 5th gear in situations where I'd be in 4th with the B3. Swapping engines is probably not the answer you are looking for but you will find it is the easiest way to gain performance. My only regret was not going with a BP or a B8ME, both 1.8's. These will bolt up to any transaxle that the B3 uses. They are physically longer than the B3, requiring notching the frame and on the BP probably cutting the firewall. Good Luck.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
    X