Rev Limiter Need More RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Limiter Need More RPM's

Is there any way to bypass, eliminate or change the the rev limiter on an efi motor. I'm racing 3/10 mile clay track and have both a carb car and this EFI. The carbed car rev up to about 7000 RPM's but the EFI car will only get to 6400-6500 and then cut out. I did a search but could not find any old tread.

Yeah same, I am having problems with fuel cut in the 1/4 mile... I either shift into 4th or stay in 3rd and hit fuel cut around 6200-6300 RPM... Does anyone know of anything to eliminate fuel cut? Or at least move it up possibly another 100 or 2... I hate shifting into 4th... -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

That's not fuel cut that is the factory rev limiter which cuts spark. You have to reprogram your ecu, that is where the control is. Sorry your stuck with that unless you go stand alone. No one I know reprograms B3 / B6 ecu's.

Comment

Damnit!

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

You might try www.corksport.com. They list an ECU upgrade for '86-89 323/Tracer and Capri's. The 323 and the Tracer ran B6 motors I think. It's worth a shot. The drawback is it costs $315.

Comment

i doubt the stock ecu is very smart, perhaps if you ran an aftermarket ignition like an MSD 6 you could simply leave the ecu disconnected from the coil? Other than that getting someone to reprogram the computer might give you a decent edge since they can also advance the timing and adjust the fuel curves for the best possible power... no way for a tech inspector to read the ecu maps, so there's no way to get caught doing it.

Comment

Or.... I could get the Aspire tranny from the junkyard for 35 bux so I'll have a better mechanical advantage and be shifting into 4th earlier, possibly bettering my time... Hmmm... $35 is awefully tempting.. 8) -Kyle

Comment

just remember that having more final drive like that will make for even more traction problems

Comment

guys have you heard about this "piggy back device"..?

i think we have the same engine with that Kia-engine...does it really works on our engine? or shall we say, does it really work?

Comment

Originally posted by ultimo
                    guys have you heard about this "piggy back device"..?

i think we have the same engine with that Kia-engine...does it really works on our engine? or shall we say, does it really work?
                    That's a 2 cent resistor for 20 bucks.

Comment

KIA Pride / Mazda 121 / Ford Festiva are all the same , Ford owns about 35% of Mazda and a ?? % of KIA (I don't think they sold their stake to Hyundai in the BK) , most Festiva's are 4dr's and wagons with an even smaller version of the US engine , 1.0-1.2l ,, EVOGUN is 100% correct , this is simply a resistor , to duplicate this miracle device just measure the resistance on your cars temp sensor and wire in a resistor of a similar value ,, your ECU will always think the engine's cold and run slightly rich.. even if you buy at RatShack you'll only pay $0.99 for 5 , in greater quantities you can get resistors for about $0.01-$0.02 ,, or even free , just pull one out of the next piece of junk electronics you are going to throw out .. I repaired a Dishplayer 7100 with parts from a dead phone...

Comment

Working...
                      X