ingnition systems ...89 carb....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ingnition systems ...89 carb....

does someone know witch performance ignition systems fit 89 carb festiva's and what do you think about replacing the mechanical fuel pump
    and put an electric Jackson racing for example.....

thanks....

The stock Festiva engine really isn't worth the time and cost of adding performance parts to.

The best thing to do if you want a fast Festiva is yank the stock B3 engine out and replace it with a B6 which is almost a bolt in swap.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

ditto...if you really wanna improve it though, just swap out the coil for a msd blaser 2 coil and get some decent plugs and plug wires...you'll notice an improvement.
      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

oh yeah and i run an electric fuel pump on my carbed festy, it's a major pita because you have the vapor line to worry about. i was just too lazy to swap the cams out when i put the fi engine in(cam doesn't have a lobe for the fuel pump) and you'll also needa block off plate for the puel pump, can get one off any fuel injected festiva or aspire.
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
        X