B3 for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 for me

i have a beautiful original 88 LX. I drive about 80 miles to and from work every day so i love the gas milage, but i feel i need a little more get up and go to the car. I dont wanna do an engine swap because the car is so nice, im not looking to race or anything, but i do wanna be able to accelerate a little better when im trying to pass people on the 2 lane hwy i have to take every day. I was thinking about going with the FMS Competition Camshaft, the FMS Header, i already have a mandrel bent Stainless Steel exhaust ready to go in, and im going to just go ahead and use the stock cat. Is that going to give me a noticeable difference? or do i need to do something else to wake these "beast" up? I was thinking of maybe doing some sort of custom air intake also. Im trying to get away cheap and easy, i dont have A LOT of time to spend on the car which is sad.
    (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
    95k Original miles
    New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

use the FMS street cam. the comp cam isn't ment for a daily driver. and you might want to airate thecat if you catch my drift.

oh, and use the B3 header and wrap it!!!!
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I bought my Magnaflow low restriction cat (2" inlet and outlet) for about $80 from Jegs. I run 2" pipes, Magnaflow muffler and I have yet to install my B6 header. Just lazy!

If you're going with headers and mandrel bends, why restrict your cat?

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

THe FMS comp cam is too much for the street, I have talked to Roger about it.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Even though you don't want to do an engine swap, you couuuuuld throw the SOHC B6 in the car, a direct swap.
          -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
          -1993 Festiva L

Comment

I agree with Glease, I don't see how installing a cam and header is any less disruptive to your machine than putting a B6 in it. Particularly since the engine bay will look identical and your power goes up significantly rather than spending lots of time and money on b3 upgrades that dont make a significant difference. I do understand why you wouldnt want to junk a perfectly good b3 block though. I'm sure there are some folks on the forums that would be happy to put the old block to good use though Good luck in any case!
            I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
            White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
            * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

well the reason i dont wanna do a swap is because i dont have to time to look for parts around town and i dont have the time to pull the engine and drop a new one in, plus my b3 runs perfect, no oil leak or burn, no hard starts, no sputtering, no funny noises, and i go by the policy if its not broke dont fix it lol. But yea i think im just gonna go with the street cam, header, high flow cat, exhaust and a cherry bomb lol, that will be about it for this car. I did just find my new project today though that i picked up. 90ish Festiva, not sure of the model yet cause it has no emblems and i haven't looked it over that much, interior gutted except for a milk crate and dash, standard transmission. Runs good, no tags or pink for it, got it for $150. Im finally gonna make my Dreamtiva. A rally inspired Festiva with long travel suspention. Its really not that hard to do and i have the plans already all made up for it. Ill take pics soon and go step by step with my process. Your gonna love it, or at least i do ha.
              95k Original miles
              New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Originally posted by piratewilly
                I did just find my new project today though that i picked up. 90ish Festiva, not sure of the model yet cause it has no emblems and i haven't looked it over that much, interior gutted except for a milk crate and dash, standard transmission. Runs good, no tags or pink for it, got it for $150. .
                That sounds like you stole my newest Festiva! It is a 90 L plus with no interior in it either!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

lol sorry finders keepers haha jk, has anybody ever done a full suspension festiva? i been looking and havn't found much. Its really not that hard to put about a 4 inch lift on the cars, that is if u can read a tape measure and weld
                  95k Original miles

Comment

Working...
                  X