Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake question

Hello all,

On a B6 engine, are there any performance differences between the intake that goes over the valve cover and the one that goes off to the side?

Thanks
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I believe they were both rated the same power.

I'm sure there are some theoretical advantages from one to the other, but I wouldn't know what. One could ASSume that the later design was superior. Or cheaper to use!

As for a swap, however, I'd prefer the newer design for these reasons:

-Newer! Both my B6s were '94s, the last year you can get them in the U.S. in the 323.

-I only had to splice one wire, I believe the IAC wire? Can't remember. On the older engine, you have to splice the four injector wires, IIRC. So the '90 to '94 setup has "plug and play" injector wires.

On my auto, I had to go with a '91 Protege TB, to match the pins on the TPS. Festiva autos and manuals have different TPS plugs, and I didn't want to be taking apart TPSs and playing around with them. Too much for me!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
    X