will a b6 head fit b3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a b6 head fit b3?

the head is from a bg series ford laser b6 sohc will it fit the b3?

i heard that the earlier ones fit and the later ones dnt

I dont think so
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

there's no reason the heads won't swap, except for valve clearances around the cylinder wall. i have an extra B3 and B6 head, i'll look into it...
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

im in nz and we dnt really have many b6sohc engines ae i would of thought the early ones fit cos of 8v but im unsure of the 12v

ive been asking around foran earlier sohc 8/12v b6 head from familia/laser 85-89 or 90-94 323

i guess ill have to take the head off the b3 but im guessing that ideally its only going to take the 8v as its an 8v newayz

seeing all b3s have 9.7:1CR shouldnt the pistons be the same?

Comment

yes it works I drove my car for a year with an 89 b6 head on it, it lowers the commpression a bit but the extra port size makes up for it, it also had a little more throttle responce

Comment

what gasket would you use

the B6 have a marginally bigger bore then the B3??
            1996 GLi Festiva
            Clarion DB36MP
            Xplod 16cm XS-GF1621X (x4)
            Pioneer 30cm TS-W305C
            ALPINE MRP-F250

Comment

I used the b6 head gasket, it overlapped the block a bit but I didn't care, and yes the b6 has a bigger bore by a bit

Comment

y not use the b3 and just enlarge parts of it?

Comment

so any b6 sohc head works? or just the 8v version?

what about 12v ?

Comment

just the 8V head

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

ok so how big are the b6 8v valves ? and what about the ports compared the b3 ?

also i was thinking of an adjustable cam gear?
                      i read on another page that you can use a bp/b6 dohc gear and rather than make a custom that would be easier is this true?

Comment

ok i got my head off my b3 and i saw the valve and spark pockets are they the same for b6 ? will it fit right on? with no problems if i use an oem size headgasket and same cam timing? i have a b6 sohc 8v head lined up

Comment

^^ the B6 valves are HUGE in comparison to the B3 valves, as well as the ports. NOTE: before installing the B6 head, have the shelf on the exhaust port smoothed out on the short turn radius, this will improve flow and scavenging.

the cam gears from the DOHC B series engines will work, and the piston reliefes are the same between the two.

Comment

cheerrs

Comment

head will bolt on with a B6 gasket

Comment

Working...
                              X