Anyone else running a straight pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else running a straight pipe?

Years ago now when poor and suffering fumes inside the car; I got a muffler place in Berkeley, CA to install a straight pipe from the resonator back on my '91 Festiva 5-speed.(for $75)

About a year and a half ago I had the same place install a new resonator;(behind the catalytic converter) who I'd asked to eliminate that too who insisted I needed a little back pressure to make the car run correctly.($20/they are nice people)

The car is much more quiet than many Japanese cars with mods, in fact inside there is little evidence not stock; unless the hatchback is tied open as I once had to do with an odd sized load.

I think I get improved gas mileage and power(for a Festiva) and wonder if anyone else has an experience doing anything similar.

Just a straight pipe in place of the muffler.(I had a friend weld a chrome tip on to look "regulation" though I doubt the muffler place would've done the job if not reasonably legal which I have both receipts for)
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

I'm almost running a straight pipe. The inlet on the muffler let loose today. Will weld up next week. Mine is a little throaty, cuz it's still under the car.
    Bobstad, this has to be the shortest post I've seen you make. LOL
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

I ran a straight pipe no cat one resonator for 1500 miles from CA to MO
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

im running a straight pipe, but its not by choice. Im just too lazy to fix the exhaust right before the motor swap.

Comment

Working...
        X