Aspire to Festiva exhaust manifold swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire to Festiva exhaust manifold swap

I was looking at a 1997 aspire exhaust manifold and wondering if it will bolt up to a efi Festiva. Anyone know for sure? I couldn't find anything for sure by searching.
    Also what about swapping the heads out, I know the disty is different and I saw somewhere before that the rocker arms are different. Again let me know if you have the answer, thanks.

The exhaust manifold will bolt to the head, but I don't think it will line up to the downpipe. What are you trying to do?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

The Aspire manifold will bolt up, but you will need to cut & reweld the headpipe.
      Was going to do this with mine, but the aspire manifold is of poor design for #1/4 cylinders.
      As far as the head...looks like you can swap the distributor & be good to go.

Comment

Wanna get rid of the festiva manifold, all rusted up and I have access to an Aspire. Also I see the Aspire manifold is more like a header than the "ramish" Festiva manifold, wonder if that would make much of a difference.

Comment

Jasin If you look @ the Aspire manifold...you will see that #1 & 4 cylinders are directed straight @ the main down tube. Not good for flow. I did some major grinding on the Festiva manifold...opened up the primaries & the outlet. Even though your manifold is rusty on the outside....it will flow much better than the Aspire manifold.
          If you are intent on doing the Aspire switch...just find a downpipe @ the boneyard.
          Just my opinion.

Comment

Didn't realize that, ok, good to know then, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X